Reload this Page >

Ocracoke, NC - Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 05:53 PM
kay

My husband and I will be going to Ocracoke this fall to fish. Suggestions on where to stay on the island? Best place to eat? Fishing tips?

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 07:08 PM
Yusif Jarkens

Just a heads up for you. I found that nobody in Ocracoke wears deodorant. There is a constant smell of Body Odor in the air.

Also..use blood worms...live blood worms for the real fish.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 07:09 PM
Yusif Jarkens

Just a heads up for you. I found that nobody in Ocracoke wears deodorant. There is a constant smell of Body Odor in the air.

Also..use blood worms...live blood worms for the real fish.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 03:02 AM
Donna

We are planning a Thanksgiving visit to Emerald Isle area and have found lots of cottages to rent. Prices aren't much more than a hotel room in the off season. The real estate agent seems to specialize in that area so you might want to try a property manager in the area you are visiting. Look under real estate and then vacation rentals. I plan to cook Thanksgiving turkey and we hate hotels. We'll be able to have company for dinner and our son can have his own room. Of course, we will eat out most of the other times but I can have an early breakfast if I want to while the others sleep. Have sat in many hotel lobbies reading in the early AM. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 04:10 AM
Marcia

My husband and I have been going to Nags Head and Ocracoke twice a year for the last 13 years.
We have four-wheel drive , so we take the off ramps and fish from the beaches. Take the first off ramp on the left once you get off the ferry, or the ramp near the sheriff's department. It's just before you get into Ocracoke Village.

Howard's Pub is a much talked about place, never been there. Go to the Variety Store (or is it the Country store) . In the entrance way menues from the different restaurants are posted giving the prices .

We use mullet and blood worms for bait. We are always told "You should have been here last week, they were really biting!! Good Luck!

Old Aug 13th, 1998, 05:00 PM
sara

Definitely go to Howard's Pub.....casual, really good food....great peel and eat shrimp in the shell. there is also a very good restaurant that i can't remember the name of....something like the"front porch"....you'll have a wonderful time on ocracoke...you need to walk around on the sand pathways to really get the feel of the place. interesting artists there too!