Reload this Page >

Ocean City, Maryland

Search

Ocean City, Maryland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Mary

Ocean City, Maryland

Has anyone been to Ocean City.Maryland? Is the beach clean and nice? Any other things to do in the area??

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 06:30 AM
Joe

If you like crowded boardwalks with lots of t-shirt shops and pinball arcades, the you may enjoy it. I would recommend
Rehoboth Beach and Bethany Beach instead.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 09:54 AM
Martha

I have been to OC many times. I love it! There is a lot to do and the beaches are very clean. Out on route 50 (I think) there are outlets and some go-cart tracks that are great.

There is a bbq place near the go-carts that is great - it's in an old trailer and there is nowhere to eat in - but I haven't had anything bad yet. It's on the road to Assateague (sp?) which is a ten minute ride out of town and worth the trip. This is also a beach and has lots of wild life (horses, etc). We usually get the bbq and take it for a picnic at Assateague.

Have fun!!!!

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Ruth

The beach at Ocean City is wide and clean. As to whether you'd like it, it depends upon what time of year you're going and what beach experience you want. It's definitely much more built up and congested than Rehoboth or Bethany. But we were there last September for a family reunion at a hotel just beyond the north end of the boardwalk. The beach had people on it (the weather was great) but not hordes. If I get to pick, though, I go to Rehoboth,which has or used to have very good restaurants.

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 09:40 AM
jennifer

My boyfriend and I went to Ocean City last May. It was nice, if you like boardwalks and pretty good bars.
It's a pretty young crowd around Spring Break time. We went to a bar called Macky's every night we were there. It's a relaxed, young crowd. You should go for happy hour--cheap seafood appetizers and a great view of the sunset. I would recommend Rehoboth Beach also, it's about 1/2 hour north of Ocean City in Delaware. Have fun!

Old May 14th, 2000, 05:44 PM
Pam

We've gone to Ocean City now for the last 4 years for vacation, we haven't had a bad time yet. Theres something there for everyone, whether your young or old. Lots of action at one end with the rides and arcades etc, or go for a nice stroll on the beach or on the pier - or grab a nice dinner at one of a zillion restaurants.

Old May 14th, 2000, 05:54 PM
Steve Muniak

Bethany and Rehobath if you've got kids. Cleaner, more laid back.

Ocean City for a partier.

Have a good time.

Old May 15th, 2000, 05:53 AM
Cindy

I would agree that Bethany is the place to go if you have youngish kids. I think the beach is alcohol-free, which encourages roudy folks to go elsewhere. As a result, the beach is quiet and clean with lots of families. The disadvantage is that there is not much to do at night, but Rehobeth is nearby.

Old May 15th, 2000, 10:54 AM
Bill Irving

I have been going to Ocean City off & on now for about 20 years, first as a single with friends, then with my wife & now with the kids. I like the place & so do the wife & kids (8 & 12 yr old boys.) We will be going back next summer(this year we are going to California.) True you have to deal with the crowds at certain times of the years. But because of the crowds, the people watching is excellent especially along the boardwalk - don't forget to try the french fries with vinegar. The beaches are fantastic & clean & have seen whales(small ones) a number of times off the beach. Plenty of fishing if you are interested in that. Lots of Miniature golf & amusements for the kids. & many different types of places to eat. (There have been a few discussions on this in the past. You may want to try a search on Ocean City Maryland.)Assateague is a short distance from there - you can see the wild ponies there. Annapolis is an hour or so away.
We like OC, but I agree it may not be for everyone. If you go, try timing the drive over the Bay bridge so you don't hit it at the same time as everybody else. It can be a real bottleneck sometimes causing 1/2 to hour or more delay.