Search

Ocean city hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 08:57 AM
isabel

Ocean city hotel

My husband and I are planning to spend our first anniversary (next month) in Ocean City. Can anyone recommend a good/romantic hotel? Thanks...

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 09:11 AM
h

I can think of two Ocean City's on the east coast. New Jersey and Maryland. What state are you planning to travel to?

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Larry

Assuming you mean Ocean City Maryland, you may want to consider Fagers Island.http://www.fagers.com/
It has a nice restaurant and is quite cozy.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 04:37 AM
Sally

There is also an Ocean City on the West Coast

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Isabel

We are planning to go to Ocean City, Maryland. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Kim

Check out Park Place Hotel at 2nd and Boardwalk. My hubby and I have stayed there for the past 2 seasons (always in July). They have only been open for about 3 years now, and still in excellent shape. Web address is www.ocparkplacehotel.com. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Stella

Isabel, go with Larry's suggestion. The Fagers' property is great. They have (or used to) a Lighthouse property too, which is very romantic.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:37 PM
Kam

What did you like about Park Place? We are considering it for this summer. How is the location and the pool? Thanks for any info.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Cookie

This seems like a post that may be too late for the original posters but I have to say that Fager's Island is wonderful.
They have Coconut Malorie Hotel and Lighthouse Club Hotel. Both are super and so are the sunsets! Go have a drink and watch the sun go down....it's so romatic!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Cookie

should have read "romantic" gotta get that right because that's what it is!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Stephanie P.

isabel:

I can't tell you where to stay but if you are going in the summer, stay between 1st and 28th Street (the boardwalk runs along these streets. It is hard to park anywhere in summer to enjoy the boardwalk if you are staying further up.