Search

Ocean City

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Marnie

Ocean City

Has anyone ever stayed at The Lighthouse Hotel in Ocean City? It is on the bayside. If so can you tell me how you liked it.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:46 AM
where

Maryland or New Jersey?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Susan

I'm sure you are responding because you want to make reservations. My husband and I went there a couple of years ago during 4th of July week and didn't make reservations...MISTAKE. And a stupid one. They wanted...and I am NOT kidding between 500 & 1000 a night for DUMPS during the holiday WEEKEND.

Please, make reservations and confirm your rate.

By the way, we stayed on the Maryland side.

Have fun!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Zarg

The MD "side" is 200 miles from the NJ "side"...

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:17 AM
carolyn

I've stayed at their sister hotel right next door. It was awful, and our mention of it was worthless. I wrote a letter of complaint afterwards and never received even an acknowledgement.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Cookie

My husband and I stayed and will stay again at the Lighthouse Club Hotel in OC,MD and love it! It is pricey but we think it is worth every penny. I never stayed at the Coconut Malorie that is their sister hotel but is sure looks booked! Fager's Restaurant and Bar is also their business and we love it there too. You do have to book way ahead...so it can't be that bad! Also, they are opening another hotel The Edge.
Looks interesting. I think we're going to give it a try. We had made reservations there but the opening was postponed and they did fit us in at The Lighthouse. It got a wonderful review in Southern Living Magazine as a weekend getaway and that's how I came to find it. Everyone's taste is different. I hope you like it. It's a wonderful romantic getaway!