Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Obtaining tickets for Gypsy (Bernadette Peters) if you're NOT AN AMEX GOLD CARD HOLDER???

Search

Obtaining tickets for Gypsy (Bernadette Peters) if you're NOT AN AMEX GOLD CARD HOLDER???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Helen

I don't own an Amex Gold card nor do I know anyone who does. When are tickets on sale for Gypsy to the general public like me?? I'd like to be able to jump on obtaining tickets the first day the general "peons" can purchase. Thanks! Helen

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 10:59 PM
travelbuff

Helen, get in touch with Ticketmaster, they will know when the tickets will go on sale.

Can't wait to see it myself. I love Ms. Peters, saw her in Annie Get Your Gun and Into the Woods, and she was wonderful in both.

Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday season.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:28 AM
AMEX

If you call your AMEX Gold Card concierge service they will be happy to help you.

I saw a commercial where an overworked business executive was able to get up-front, in the center tickets for the Lion King on this son's birthday. I am sure they can help you get tickets for Gypsy.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 06:29 AM
marianne

Amex, Helen says she Does NOT have a gold card so calling Amex won't help. I'd suggest contacting ticketmaster. I'm sure they will be on ebay as well (if not already, soon). This should be a huge hit (B.P. is the best!) Get your tickets as early as you possibly can. Marianne

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Donna

Ticketmaster can't help either - tickets are being sold through Telecharge.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Pam

I looked on www.telecharge and didn't see any mention of this under Broadway shows, so I decided to call....the operator didn't know. I also checked ebay.com and no tickets there yet either. I'm in the same boat as you! I hope someone can offer us advice. I normally can afford only one play each year and this is my choice for 2003 with paying for really good seats if this is what it takes. I adore Bernadette Peters!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Donna

I'm guessing that Amex is one of the sponsors of "Gypsy" hence advance sales to Amex Gold Card members. The e-mail I received indicated the pre-sale offer was valid through January 18th. Probably, tickets go on sale to the general public right after that, if not before. The reason the show is not listed on the Telecharge website is that tickets are not yet officially for sale to the public. According to Playbill.com, that date has not yet been announced.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Pam

Thank you Donna. I believe you're right since this is the date AmEx gave you. I'll be hot to trot come January 18! I just hope there are some left. Thanks!!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Sue

Pam, definitely check telecharge BEFORE the 18th. Donna is right, the tickets could (and most likely will) go on-sale before the end of the AmEX Gold Offer. this was the case for a few other shows I purchased tickets for. Good luck!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Patrick

Don't despair about not having the AMEX card. As I posted on a another thread, I tried to get tickets way in advance for Nine on the AMEX deal before they went on sale to the public, but couldn't get any decent seats through them. I actually forgot about getting the tickets for about two weeks after they went on sale to the public, and then called telecharge. I got much better seats than were available "presale" from AMEX gold card.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:31 PM
ny

Helen:
I just ordered tickets, Great choices for seats!! Got great ones!!
I would keep checking the Telecharge website often.
I was only able to access the site through an email I received from AMEX.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Helen

Thanks so much. I will do this. Helen

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Marc

Why not just get an American Express Gold Card? If you're credit worthy, you could have one in a few days...