Search

Oahu, where??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oahu, where??

In November(over Thanksgiving)will be making 4th return trip to Oahu - 2 weeks this time!!! Our first 5 days are in Kauai (first time). Although we love Waikiki Beach, we are giving strong consideration to renting a beach house/condo outside of Waikiki. In the past we have travelled to Hawaii over summer. Last year was our first trip in November. During this time of year the weather tended to be more overcast away from Waikiki. Questions. We are leaning to rentals in Waimanalo or Lanikai area. Two questions. 1. What can be expected weather-wise. 2. As we like the hustle-bustle of Waikiki we will make some trips there in the evenings for dinner and hanging out. Since we have always stayed in Waikiki I am not certain on how easy and where to find public parking and costs.
Any input would be appreciated.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 07:40 PM

Lanikai could be windy and rainy. We usually park at the zoo and then walk around. There is some street parking and a few garages. They range $5 and up.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 08:53 PM

As islandmom has noted, Lanikai -- along with all of the windward (east) shores of all the Hawaiian islands -- will most likely be windy & rainy by November.

Remember though, that daytime winter temps here in the islands (even when it rains) are in the 80-degree range. Wet, yes. Cold, no! ;-)

If sunny skies are important to you for a winter visit O`ahu, head for the south shore (Waikiki/Honolulu). To avoid the hustle-n-bustle of central Waikiki, you might consider one of the hotels or condos which are between Kapi`olani Park and the beach ("W", New Otani Kaimana Beach, etc.).
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 10:19 PM

Hey, chitowngirl, I think Kal may be paying you a visit this fall!! I agree with auntiemaria, maybe you can find a rental just outside of Waikiki. Try these sites for rentals:
Bradleyproperties.com (may be for long term, tho)
Hicentral.com
Worrall.com

I've referred people to these sites and they have a wide range of rentals from Waikiki to East Honolulu that may suit your needs.
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone, you confirmed what I suspected. MelissaHI. I appreciate the additional sites. I will certainly check them out. Not opposed to staying in Waikiki, just haven't found a rental in love with. I really enjoy Kal's posts, would enjoy tossing a few back with him and Mrs. Kal.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Kal

:-? Just a few????