Notices

oahu or the big island

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:14 AM
CAROL

oahu or the big island

I will be in Maui for six days with my family and was thinking of adding two days on to the tip either in Oahu or the big island of Hawaii. Would be interested in hearing what others would recommend. Also, I need help with some info. on the connecting flights between the islands. Would Hawaiian Air be my best bet?? Any idea of how expensive it would be for me to fly from Maui over to the Big Island or Oahu? It's been 17 years since I've been to Hawaii and I'm rusty! Thanks!

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:36 AM
Kelly

Aloha Carol,

I'm a huge fan of the Big Island, but with only two days to spare, I'd probably consider going the Oahu route. Especially since it will be at the beginning or end of your trip and your flights from the mainland are probably through Honolulu. Others can give you much better advice about the specifics of Oahu, but I really believe you need at least 4 days to truly appreciate the Big Island because it is a BIG island. Let me know if you have more questions.

Kelly