Reload this Page >

Oahu hotels-which is best & why?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Susan

Planning anniversary trip to Hawaii in Oct. 2002. On Oahu, we're considering the Renaissance, Outrigger Reef, and HHV. HHV has a great reputation, but is pricey and very large. Is the price worth it, is it very noisy? Also, heard good things about Outrigger and that Ranaissance has been remodeled. What's your vote and why? Thanks for your help!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Ed

I know I am not spelling it right, but try the Halakalani. It is an elegant, classy hotel. Try the restaurant also; it is wonderful. Have fun.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Prue

Another vote for the Halekulani - it is absolutely tops in every way - location, service, accomodations and ambience.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:18 PM
RANT

READ THE RANTS AND RAVES!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 10:07 PM
susan

I agree the Halekulani is fantastic, but very expensive. The Sheraton Moana request the historic section only.The price is nicer too. There is also the "W" at the end of Waikiki with a cool restaurant and bar. The Mandarin in Kahala is out of Waikiki and great and expensive. The HHV is like a city unto it's own. The best is the Halekulani if you can afford it. The Outrigger hotels are big and geared more towards the budget customer. If you want to be out of Waikiki there are lots of B&Bs in Kailua. Aloha

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Shearl

I have to put in a vote for the Kahala Mandarin. It is quietly elegant. Rooms are great. Service is fantastic and the restaurants are terrific!