Reload this Page >

Oahu - Hilton Hawaiian Village - new Villas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:44 AM
consuelo

I was wondering if someone has stayed there recently and what they thought. I have booked a 2-bedroom villa for the 2nd week in June but I heard the HHV can get very busy. Any suggestions?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Ginger

consuelo como esta?

Not all of June is school break you know. You should be fine in the early part of June, first two weeks....posted on your other post forgot my alias.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
consuelo

Bien gracias. Thank you Ginger, was it you that answer my other post? We have 3 kids and the Villas sounded better than 2 regulat rooms since they don't like 5 people per room. Plus, the full kitchen was a plus. Consuelo

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
Ginger

Yes that was me. I think you are not getting other responses because people have remarked about this hotel several times. Also seems like not a lot of people are talking about Hawaii right now. Do an archive search for hilton but cut back to last May plenty of people will comment on crowds weather or not they were an issue.

A four star property right next store is the Ilikai. It is not on beach front but a marina front hotel with two pools. I like them and they have kitchens many rooms face water with patios. I would call the condo association (get number from front desk)and see what they have for those dates. I remember getting rentals with city views for cheap.

HHV is great for kids though and that would be my first choice if money and kitchen space is not an issue. PSS only the grown ups minded the crowds last summer.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Becky

We are Hilton timeshare owners. We have stayed at the Lagoon Tower 3 times, in different size units each time. You will be very pleased with your 2 br. villa. They are relatively new, and very lovely. Each floor has a laundryroom (free). If you have an oceanfront unit you will be thrilled with the view. Even the partial OV is nice. Good sized semi-circular balconies, a beautiful lobby with very helpful concierge staff. The private (but not locked, when we were there) pool and hot tub is not large, but less crowded than the hotel "super pool". The Hilton complex grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and are on the BEST stretch of Waikiki beach. Any other questions, feel free to e-mail direct. You're going to love it.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:48 PM
Nancy

We stayed at the Lagoon Tower in August '01 and had a great time. I have seen comments on pool being crowded and so on. The beach was great so we didn't bother going to the pool. Friday night poolside show was OK, especially since we didn't want to go to the Culture Center. The units are beautiful and the hotel staff are very helpful. Enjoy!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Marie

Consuelo, my husband and I were married on site at th HHV the last week of May last year and I can not say enough about how great the property, hotel rooms, and staff are. We stayed in the Alii Tower and all the pools were great. Your kids will love the super pool. Like others have said, the beach is awesome and almost private being at the end of the Waikiki. The hotel is huge but beautiful. It was busy but not in a noticable way; it didn't hinder us from enjoying all the hotel offered. Enjoy!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
consuelo

Thank you for your answers. We have a 2 bedroom villa...does that mean we can only use the pool at the lagoon tower or can the kids also use the super pool. When I made the reservation directly with the hotel, they told me we could use all the different pools. I hope this is true. It is our first time in Oahu, we have been to Maui and and I want it to be a lot of fun for my kids. Thanks again. consuelo

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Ginger

Your kids won't mind the crowds if they are there at all that time of year. August is a more difficult time Great hotel for kids. If there is a pool in the lagoon tower I am sure you will have access.
I hope you check out china town my suggestions for great chinese "legends Seafood:, also cheapest place on the island for leis (chinatown).
Oh but you might want suggestions for food from espana, si?
Have fun A-L-O-H-A!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Ginger

kids will also have access to super pool heck I have swam in that super pool to cool off after a stroll down from the Sheraton Moana.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM
consuelo

So, what is so great about the super pool? I will write down the restaurans names. I am Colombian, and I doubt there will be "colombian" food there, however I loved Hawaii because it reminds me so much of Colombia (topograpgy) if you take away the crime. Consuelo

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Ginger

Hi Consuelo Oahu has the best choice or restaurants in all the islands. It's proximatey to the Orient makes it an ideal location for authentic Asian cuisine. Some lengthy discussion have taken place on this board. I remember one thread cheap eats Oahu. Will tell you alot about local "grinds" (food).

High end restaurants to name a few.
this are restaurants that fuse asian and european qualities. Goonline I think it is alohachefs.com you can see menus and photos of presentation
Alan Wong's (most talk abou this one at the moment)
Roys

Down a notch but still excellent
Kincaids
Sam Choys
Michels (Waikiki)

You really want to explore ALOHA

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Ginger

I can eat but spelling and grammar are a problem

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Cynthia

It seems that this is referring to the new Lagoon tower timeshare units at the HHV. Why are they being called 'villas' if they aren't?

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Ginger

That pool is large and inviting. You would think you would just go into the ocean it being only 40-50 yards away but something about the size and blue tile floor beckon your company. I love the pool side food service also. Remember to get a giant shave ice for the kids in front of your neighbor hotel the Halikoa. Kids will love the penguin, Flamingo, parot, coi that dwelling at different areas of the grounds of HHV.

Another fun thing about being along that hotel strip is to walk down to the Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton Moana have breakfast here and just wander through the lobbies and patios. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pation of the Moana. RH is pretty in pink but always kind of empty. Halikelani has great jazz, brunch outstanding (probably the best in waikiki). They also do sunset performances of local music. Have an ice tea order some pupus and enjoy.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Ginger

That pool is large and inviting. You would think you would just go into the ocean it being only 40-50 yards away but something about the size and blue tile floor beckon your company. I love the pool side food service also. Remember to get a giant shave ice for the kids in front of your neighbor hotel the Halikoa. Kids will love the penguin, Flamingo, parot, coi that dwelling at different areas of the grounds of HHV.

Another fun thing about being along that hotel strip is to walk down to the Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton Moana have breakfast here and just wander through the lobbies and patios. LOVE LOVE LOVE the banyan terrace of the Moana. Also like sitting on a rocker if I get exhausted strolling along Kalakau. RH is pretty in pink but always kind of empty.Still a gorgeous property to stroll. Halikelani has great jazz in the evenings, brunch outstanding (probably the best in waikiki). They also do sunset performances of local music. Have an iced tea, order some pupus and enjoy.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:20 AM
consuelo

This is all such great advice. I can't wait to go now. By the way, I don't know why the call them villas, they are in a tower.
I will check the food websites, I also bought the Frommers guide to ohau. I want to buy "Oahu reveled" but it has not been published yet.
Thanks again. Consuelo

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Mary

We will also be staying at the Lagoon Tower at HHV in December. This will be our first trip to Oahu and we are looking forward to enjoying the Christmas lights and some touristy time in Honolulu with our young daughters before heading to the Big Island. A couple of questions: can we walk from the HHV to the Halekalani, Moana Surfrider, etc. without getting out on the street, ie: is there an oceanfront walk that will take us all the way there. Is it easy to get to Kapiolani Park, zoo, and aquarium, on foot or bus, easily? Also, I have very nicely behaved kids and would like to take them to tea at the Moana and breakfast at the Halekalani. Has anyone taken children to these spots and see kids there. (Not meaning to set up a dialogue on traveling with children!) Is there good public transportation that will take us to the Bishop Museum, Iolani Palace, Chinatown. Any advice is appreciated.

Consuelo, we also wish that the Oahu Revealed book was available but have enjoyed looking at "Driving and Discovering Hawaii" by Richard Sullivan. It does not include very much info and accommodations and food, but has great info on driving tours around the island, beaches, hikes, walks, etc.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:05 PM
gail

We stayed at HHV Lagoon Towers last December and really enjoyed the room. It was very comfortable and spacious. We spent so much time on our lanai or on the beach and out, it really did not matter how busy the HH lobby is. I really didn't notice huge crowds though. I think it is more crowded as you get closer to the more central area where the "super pool is". The pool is big and I guess kids might appreciate it, I don't know, it didn't do anything for us. The beach is the more dramatic effect here! You can walk around the Lagoon and along the beach. Some of it is walking on the sand, but most is on cement sidewalks along the hotel. You can cut in at many places to get to the shopping areas etc. The zoo is at the Diamond Head end of the beach. You could walk it, if you don't mind a long stroll. china town requires some sort of transportation. It is just alittle too far for walking IMO. there are cable car type vehicles and busses, so you could figure out transportation avoiding a rental car. Make sure to bring the kids up at the Wakiki Outrigger to make a lei in the upper lobby.Have a great holiday!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Ginger

Becky I have walked down to the zoo but I think that is too much for kids they will just be tuckered and then not enjoy the zoo. Don' forget the aquarium is right across the street. Yes there is an Ocean front walk and in my mind it is what is great about Waikiki. I would call the concierge at HHV and ask them about Bishop Museum transportation.Also ask about the restaurant in waikiki that has three story aquarium in it,you watch the fish being fed with a diver in the take at your table, your kids will love this. I think it is called the oceanarium.

Would advise against trolly lived on Oahu been back as a tourist always found them to be a rip off. Here is another hint. I took kids last year taught them how to say hello in Japanese you will see many other Japanese patrons. It was a kick for our kids to say Hello and get a response back in Japanese that they were understood. Sorry I did not have more language knowledge to share with them.

Have to disagree with gail on crowds but remember we were there in August. We had to wait on a line of about 75 people just to check in. Lines for everything else from concierge to tour operators in hotel. Again that was August on a weekend. Hotel needs to learn how to operate when at full capacity. Feel the need to say that if HHV people reveiw this post. If you do an Archive search you will see others have complained about this.

Tea at the Moana should be fine with kids have not seen Haleikulani but I imagine it is also fine. Remember this is not stuffy old England. I think your kids would like the breakfast buffet at the Royal Hawiian you are right on the beach here and everything is pink. Food is great also. Just remember in your planning those big breakfasts slow your day down. Kind of like eating at Turkey dinner and then heading out to a hiking trail. I like to get out of Waikiki and eat a normal breakfast at non-tourist prices. Shore bird and eggsnthings are more economical options in Waikiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -