Oahu and Kauai Activities

Sep 28th, 2001, 04:26 AM
Matt

Oahu and Kauai Activities

I need some advise on skorkeling, golf, and other activities to do on the two islands. Going in two weeks.

Sep 28th, 2001, 04:30 AM
Ginny

do a search the list is too exhaustive and this has been asked and asked and askend. For starters go to Hawaii Visitor bureau web page. Think Culture History Oahu ouutdoor Activities Kauai. Don't see hiking on your list an absolute must for me on Kauai. Have fun and ALOHA

Sep 28th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Ginny

Oh yes think China town and amazing food Oahu...Ok I am not getting sucked into the million and one things to do on Oahu that most don't ever think of. Do a search. I enjoy activities that explore the rich Asian culture. Just don't see that sort of thing on the east coast.

But if you are up for relaxing and only have 2 weeks I would stay on one Island, Kauai and enjoy. Island hopping can quickly turn into touring and that is not why I go to the islands. You find yourself trying to outview if there is such a thing the last vista, silly. Enjoy what is right in front of you and remember less is more in travel.

Sep 28th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Eric

Make sure when you go to Kauai you take a helicopter tour. You see some amazing sites that would take many hours to get to by car or hiking. Just returned from Kauai last month and it was one of the highlights of a most relaxing trip.

Oct 1st, 2001, 10:07 AM
Suzie

Just got back from Kauai. Took a Na Pali tour that would have included snorkeling if the wind and water were not so rough. It went out of North shore unlike most that go out of Port Allen. We paddled out to the Catamaran in an outrigger, hint don't sit backwards in the front of the outrigger. You will be referred to as the wave break for good reason! We then sailed (yes with sail up and no motor) along the coast. Would have stopped for lunch and snorkling but too rough. Other boats also tried to stop but all eventually gave up. We powered back so we could hug the shoreline and see all the caves and beaches. We still had time left so they put the sails back up and we sailed for another couple of hours. This was Captain Sundown. They take only 15 guests on the boat so it's not crowded. The assistant, Pat, was very entertaining and knowledgeable. They served fruit drinks sandwiches and chips throughout the trip. They have dropped their price from $135 to $90 for a 6 hour cruise. Very fun.

Oct 1st, 2001, 02:29 PM
xxx

suzie.
Just curious. Where did you stay and how much was the room or condo?
I'm trying to get my husband to go.
Thank you.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 09:44 AM
Suzie

For xxx, try not to choke, it was our anniversary and we splurged. We went through Suite Paradise and stayed at Whalers Cove for $265 per night. Huge condo, two bedroom/two bath, living room kitchen, RIGHT on the ocean, huge lanai that had large doors from master bedroom and living room. Never got that trapped feeling we get in a hotel room. There are places for much less though.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:59 AM
kal

Matt, I forgot about water skiing on the Wailua River.

Mahalo,
Kal