Reload this Page >

Oahu- 2 bdrm./2 bath - special ocn. view accomodations needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 01:12 AM
Sammy

I couldn't resist the incredibly low fare available to HNL from EWR (Newark)and booked a flight for early February, barely a month away. Now I need accomodations: 2-bedroom/2 bath , not more than short walk to ocean, ocean view highly preferred but will settle for view of mountains and/or pretty vegetation.

Here comes the special requirement that those who have read my earlier , more general lengthy inquiry already know:

I don't want my view to include people at the beach or pool (other than in the abstract, such as from a high enough floor).

Are there any cottage or condo. rentals on the N. or W. Shore [1] that would fit the bill? Is the N. SHore very windy during the winter?

I've seen some on the E. Shore (windward)(Kailua/Lanikai/Waimanalo area) but I'm afraid that area will be too rainy.

2-bedroom/ 2bathroom condos seem not to be that common so perhaps I could get two separate studio or one-bedrooms but I'd really like to try to keep the total cost below $300- a night. (I would need at least a kitchennete w/ full-sized refrigerator in at least one studio)

The Diamond Head are really appeals to me but I haven't really found anything within budget there.

Waikiki Sunset looks like it would be a good choice but there there aren't any two-bathroom units listed on Aston's website.

As you can tell, I'd like to stick to Oahu this time but I if I can only find something really suitable there, I'll consider Kauai, since it seems that flying inter-island is relatively easy and inexpensive.

I have just over a month and realize that I have to move fast.

Thank you very much for any info.

NOTES:

[1] I've also seen some very inexpensive condos on the W. shore (leeward?) but heard that area is not considered safe beyond Ko `Olina where the Ihilani is.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 03:23 AM
shirley Murray

Not a Condo but oh so convenient and I have no idea if anything is available can be contacted on [email protected] this is one block back from Waikiki beach and is very old and only two story a very well worn but clean and loved Hotel - The Royal Grove and ever so safe and convenient has double rooms with full kitchen and bathrooms and ours was about $1245 a month when we were there. Opposite was $410 a night newer but no more convenient. Have had several visits - they do not have to advertise it is nearly always fully booked - a small pool and the Fong Family run it and staff know you by name and you are like family and it is so safe and quiet. Try emailing Tim Fong for information. Aloha and good luck. SWM.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Celeste

I'd stay away from the leeward side. Have you looked into Waikiki Shore Apartments, on the beach in Waikiki just east of the Hilton Hawaiian Village and Hale Koa military hotel? Also, there are numerous rentals all over Oahu listed in the classifieds section of Hawaii Magazine.

The North Shore is windy with very high waves in February; you'd probably want to stick to the south shore (Waikiki) or the windward side. You never know about rain. When I lived on Oahu for three years, it rained at least an hour every single day from November thru May one six month period. That's why it's so green and beuatiful!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Chrisy

I saw that great airfare to HNL and was wondering about condo's also, but $400+ a night sounds expensive to me. Anyone with a more reasonalbe recommendation?

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 02:27 PM
sss

For a quick cheap condo Not on North Shore I am sorry to say Ilikai (call front desk for condo rates and insist on being in Main Building) in Waikiki. It is sooo sooo affordable at 1200 for an ocean view last I checked with kitchen and lanai. That is a summer rate from memory I would call and definately hagel! Waikiki will be quieter this time of year and in this economy or at least was when I lived there (in winter). I was at the Hilton Turtlebay new name and ownership. But winter time on the NorthShore you are risking rain. I was just looking at webcams (livesurfing.com)yesterday an noticed bright sun in Waikiki and Storm with no visiblity at Sunset beach. Then again you have the breath taking winter waves and whales!!!

I always remember seeing a lot of whales on the eastcoast crossing just after Hanama bay towards Windward side. Oh now I am sick want to go back.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 02:29 PM
sss

actually front desk of Ilikai will give you Condo desk but this is new management and this season is difficult they might also be running deals. Remember to ask for kitchen unit and in main building