Reload this Page >

NYC Special occasion: Peninsula Vs. Four Seasons

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Kelly

Has anyone had experience they might share staying at both or either of these NYC hotels? It's for an anniversary for our parents and we'd like to make it a very special stay. Thanks!

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Frank

Kelly: I always think of the Peninsula as the poor step sister to the St. Regis, which is directly across the street on 5th Avenue. If your parents like turn of the century ambiance the the St. Regis can't be beat. If they prefer clean stark lines of a modern luxury hotel, the Four Seasons is the choice. Also keep in mind that the Four Seasons has spectacular views on the upper floors, which is not the case regarding the other hotels.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 02:20 PM
steve

I'm not sure I've stayed in any hotel any nicer than the Four Seasons New York. But if your parents are looking for something more traditional they might prefer the St. Regis, Carlysle or Pierre. Though I think anyone would be happy at the Four Seasons.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 05:00 PM
j

If you tell the Four Seasons that it is a special occasion, they will cater to your parents -- chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, etc. They are a wonderful, wonderful hotel.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Phil

Kelly,
If you are thinking of dinner for them, you might want to think about La Grenouille. A great, romatic restaurant within walking distance of either hotel.