NYC romantic and luxurious hotel suggestions

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Katie

NYC romantic and luxurious hotel suggestions

Any recommendations for the ultimate luxury hotel room/suite in NY? We stayed at the Plaza many years ago and I thought the rooms were a bit out of date. Any of the hotels newly redecorated/refurbished?
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I can't seen to find exactly what I'm looking for without digging far into the archives.. So, any information would be appreciated.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:17 AM
lisa

I know the NY Palace (51st & Madison) was recently renovated, although I'm not sure if the rooms were also renovated or just the public areas. That hotel has the benefit of being a little out of the way and having Le Cirque 2000 in it.

Some people swear by the Four Seasons on 57th. I think it would be a different atmosphere -- more sleek and modern. Again, not sure if the rooms have been recently redecorated.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:27 AM
jhm

I loved the Four Seasons -- beautiful and extremely modern. Some might think it has a "colder" feeling, but if you like sleek modern design, it's the right place.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:51 AM
bennie

The Palace public areas and rooms were renovated in 1998-1999. Stayed there both during and after the renovations. The public areas are simply beautiful- particularly at Christmas. The rooms were great too. Very formal and elegant.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 06:34 AM
liz

Ditto the above comments on the Palace. Service is excellent and friendly, not snobby like in some other expensive hotels. We got upgraded to a huge room overlooking St Patrick's. I got a good rate through Quibook.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 06:40 AM
brian

Look at the Inn at Irving Place. It's very special (12 rooms, old brownstone) and considered very upscale. It's on a quiet block in Grammercy Park.

www.slh.com/usa/new_york/hotel_aceusa.html

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 09:56 AM
michelle

I second the Inn at Irving Place! Definitely Romantic!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Katie

Thanks so much!!!
I really appreciate your quick responce.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 07:01 PM
steve

The Four Seasons is wonderful. It is more in the "sleek, modern" category but the rooms are large and the bathrooms are fabulous.