Reload this Page >

NYC-Museum of TV History

Search

NYC-Museum of TV History

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Where did it go?

NYC-Museum of TV History

Help! I can't find this listed anywhere! What is the correct name? Where is it located? Anybody have a web site address? Thanks in advance for any help!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Alana

Museum of Television and Radio - http://www.mtr.org/ - located in Midtown Manhattan

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:30 PM
rqf

Museum of Television and Radio, 25 West 52nd St. (212) 621-6600

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:35 PM
NYBound

Thank you both SO much! Gosh I love this site!

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:56 AM
nyer

It might have changed since I was last there, but I remember this Museum as mostly a "library" where you could view tapes of virtually any US show in history. Very little in the way of exhibits.
On the other hand, the Museum of the Moving Image (in Queens, but only about a 15-20 minute subway ride from midtown) is great--3 floors of interactive exhibits, (e.g. allowing you to dub your own voice into classic movie scenes) and fabulous artifact displays (Bill Cosby's sweaters from the Cosby show,used to have the diner set and clothes from Seinfeld (but that's gone, I think) plus a quirky artist designed mini theater for old (1930's , 40s and 50s) series like Flash Gordon, and a regulation size movie theater for changing program of screenings of classic movies. If you're a film (and TV--but mostly film) buff, it's a much much better choice, well worth the detour!