Reload this Page >

NYC - Marriott Marquis vs Renaissance?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Celeste

I've stayed at the Renaissance and loved it. But which has larger rooms?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 04:51 PM
susan

Sorry I can't give you a comparison, but we stayed at the Marriott Marquis a couple of months ago on the concierge floor (think it's 32) and loved it. Our room was plenty big and the food at the hospitality room was wonderful.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Patrick

I still think the Marquis has some of the nicest rooms for a hotel of its class. The rooms are large, not huge, but so well appointed and laid out. Usually you have a king bed that is cleverly placed near where you come in rather than in the middle of the room. That leaves a large area with a lounge chair and ottoman plus a full size sofa and end tables in addition to the TV center/armoire and the desk and chair. We always go in, turn the sofa around to face out the floor to ceiling, wall to wall glass and watch the show especially if we get a room like we request high up on the north side looking up Broadway. The rooms at the Renaissance are a little classier, but considerably smaller and less functional. Of course, I'm speaking only of the standard rooms in both cases, not deluxe or suites.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Patrick

Sorry I forgot one point. Now if the Marquis just had the Renaissance elevators instead of that *%7$&-@! system they have. . .

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 05:17 AM
bennie

I've stayed in both and both are fine. I remember the Marquis having larger rooms. I was on a relatively low floor at the Renaissance and thought the noise from the street was excessive (I know - its Time Square).