Reload this Page >

NYC - Italian Food for 6 People

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Ted

Looking for an Italian restaurant on Manhattan, preferably south of 14th Street, that will happily take a reservation for 6 people (not too expensive and not on Mulberry Street). Frank in the E. Village is booked. Suggestions north of 14th Street would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:36 AM
thereuare

I would suggest Carmine's (i think they'll take a reservation for 6 people). Two locations, one on 44th St, the ohter on the upper west side, ~78th St or so.

Not the best Italian in NYC, but a solid choice for a "fun" nite out with a group of people. All their entrees are enough to feed 3 people, so this place is ideal with a larger group such as yours, as you can order 3-4 dishes and eat family style.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Merilee

Hi Ted...my suggestions are Rafaella's at 381 Bleeker Street between Charles & Perry Streets (212)229-9885...it's very popular, great food, you will need a reservation...Campagna at 24 East 21st Street between Broadway & Park Avenue (212)460-0900...the food is good, but the decor is not...and Caffe Bondi at 7 West 20th Street near 5th Avenue (212)691-8136...good food...

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 12:11 PM
bubba

IL Mulino (in the Village)

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:20 PM
topper

ttt

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:35 PM
christine

il bigatto..on 2nd street between ave a and b, the food is out of this world...the atmosphere is sexy and fun and it is very reasonable.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:20 AM
tommy

Grano on Greenwich Ave.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:55 AM
Rachele

Oh, too bad about Frank -- it's one of my favorites. There is a nice restaurant on 9th St. in the East Village (bet 1st and A) called I Coppi. It's more expensive than Frank but not crazy expensive (I think it was about $250 for 5 people with wine). The food was really good. There is also a very well reviewed new place called Tappo (I think it's on 12th St. near A, not sure). I've never eaten there but I've heard good things. Enjoy!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:02 AM
lisa

I don't think il Mulino meets the "not too expensive" criteria.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:56 AM
Elizabeth

No I don't think Il Mulino meets the not-too-expensive criterion either. I also like Tappo in the East Village, it has many big tables and a really appealing European atmosphere and isn't too expensive. It probably serves only wine & beer, not hard liquor.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:42 AM
Ted

Many thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I've made a note of all of them. Because two of my friends are from out-of-town and expressed a desire to see Little Italy, we decided on the touristy but consistent Da Nico on Mulberry. Dessert at Ferrara's afterwards, of course. I know, I know, it's Mulberry Street, but the crowd must be appeased. Thanks again and happy eating in the Greatest City in the World!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:14 PM
Elizabeth

sounds nice, have a great time.