NYC in the summer

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 09:57 AM
Lydia

NYC in the summer

Has anyone heard of any great deals for things to do in the summer in NYC? I know we will be doing all the regular things, central park, theater maybe twice, Empire State bldg. Any other tips would be helpful. THanks

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:00 AM
HK

definitely try to see Shakespeare in the PArk if you have a chance.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:08 AM
howard

HK forgot one of the most important things: Shakespeare in the Park is free!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:45 AM
Pat

Lydia,
I live in NYC and very often there are free concerts in various parks throughout the city. A ride on the Staten Island Ferry as well as a walk around Battery Park and the South Street Seaport can be very inexpensive. If you like sports, you can also catch a Yankee or Met game. Have fun in the Big Apple!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 11:19 AM
jhm

There are outdoor movies shown on a big screen a couple times a month at Bryant Park; I'd also really recommend Summer Swing, or whatever they call it -- at least once a week during the summer, there's open air dancing in front of Lincoln Center, which is a lot of fun.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 09:31 AM
jason

GET OUT OF NYC!!! Its too Hot!

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Beverly

The outdoor music and dancing in Lincoln Center's plaza is called Midsummer Night's Swing and is alot of fun. Pick up New York Magazine or Time Out magazine when you arrive. They publish the events around town each week. Of course, don't miss out on the many sidewalk dining restaurants on the upper west side around Lincoln Center and up - great people watching.