Reload this Page >

NYC Breakfast/Brunch

Search

NYC Breakfast/Brunch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:15 PM
dave

NYC Breakfast/Brunch

Any advice for a good breakfast experience up in NYC in either midtown, Upper East Side, or Upper West Side? Not looking for anything too expensive, ideally around $10-15 a person. I've used the search function on the site but have come up mostly empty handed.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Merilee

Isabella's on Columbus Avenue or Sarabeth's on Amsterdam Avenue (both on the upper westside) are good choices that meet your criteria.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Barb

Hi Dave, I suggest going to citysearch.com and search there. (simply go to the NY section. from there, click on the restaurant tab) I always use this site (and I'm a NYer)..they are consistently on key with their reviews etc.,.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Barb

Barb here again, I agree with Merilee, Isabella's is fabulous for brunch. I was just there a few weeks ago. They were very busy. I was glad we made reso's.

Enjoy!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 01:30 PM
kit

Agree on the UWS suggestions. If on the UES, try Googies on 79/2nd (very casual) or Grace's...oh geez...can't think of the street, but between 2nd and 3rd in the 70's. Zagat's will have an address. It's a little fancier...

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Margaret

There's also a new brunch place called @SQC on Columbus between 72nd and 73rd that's supposed to be good....

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 05:40 PM
ues

I live right across the street from Googies and it's OK, but like all brunch places, gets crowded quickly. Baby carriages, strollers, baby joggers, and people on cell phones loiter about.

On the UES, also try:

EJs: 73rd & 3rd
Annie's: 3rd bet 78 and 79
Le Pain Quotidien: Madison & 84
EAT on Madison bet 80 & 81

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 06:40 PM
rqf

If you are into smoked whitefish, sturgeon and lox consider Barney Greengrass (The Sturgeon King) at 86th and Amsterdam on the Upper WEst Side. The place is a NY institution. The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired but place constantly receives good reviews.