NYC Accomodations...

Search

NYC Accomodations...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:21 PM
mts

NYC Accomodations...

Does anyone have a recommendation on
The Helmsley Hotel versus The Roosevelt Hotel? We are going in March.....

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:27 PM
xx

Which Helmsley? There are four or five in the city.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:43 PM
steve

If you're asking about the New York Helmsley I can give you a comparison with the Roosevelt. The Helmsley has a pretty good location fairly near Grand Central and the U.N. The rooms have not been renovated recently and have sort of an 80's decor. The Roosevelt was completely renovated in (I believe) 1995. The rooms are fairly basic but okay. It is a very large hotel and usually is filled with lots of groups. The location on Madison near Grand Central is good for those going to Broadway theatres and shopping.
While neither hotel is fabulous if you can get a good rate, either would be fine. If the rates are the same I'd probably choose the Roosevelt because I think the location is a little better.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:47 PM
mts

Steve,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I got a rate of $120 per night at the Roosevelt.

Thanks again!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:52 PM
rachel

I've stayed at The Roosevelt. You can't beat the location and we found the rooms to be spacious by NYC standards-you can actually get 2 double beds. It was clean, the staff was very nice, and the lobby is beautiful Earlier poster is correct, they seem to cater to groups. when we were there, there were high school choral groups, who were very well behaved, and sometimes broke out into song. It is diagonally accross the street from Grand Central, and walking distance to most of mid-town, They should give me a commission for how many times I have recommended them