Search

NY Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 1999, 01:26 PM
Harry

NY Hotels?

Can we have recommendations based on personal experience for central New York hotels, reasonably priced, please. This is our first visit from London. Thank you very much.

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 10:30 AM
Jeremy C. Feldman

Try Manhattan East Suite Hotels. They have nine hotels in Manhattan, most of them on the East side. They're prices are competitive and they offer more space than most New York hotels for the price. New York has had a tourism boom the last few years, so hotel prices have skyrocketed -- keep this in mind.

Thier Web address is www.me-suite.com.

Good luck!

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 05:31 AM
Suzanne

I'm from London, living here now for 5 years. Whenever friends come over and want to stay in a hotel they stay at the Quality Inn on 31st and Lexington (tel: 212 755 4400). It's $85 including tax which is fantastic for NYC. It's basic but very clean with usual ammenities like TV, en suite bathroom, etc. The location is also convenient for uptown and downtown (it's just 5 blocks from the Empire State building and just a short cab ride to places like Bloomingdales and Central Park). Hope this helps.

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 06:31 PM
Brian Kilgore

My favorite new York reasonably priced hotel is the Hotel Wales, on Madison Avenue around 92nd Street. This makes it pretty far north, bt it is a fascinating long walk up from mid-town. The hotel is fairly small, and has a European feel to it. It is in themiddle of a very nice residential district, and only a block from Central Park. But it is on the northern edge of the places you'll want to visit, so you'll probably spend a bitmore money on cabs to take you south. It's only a couple of blcks north of the Metropolitan Museum, and it is just south of the Intrnational Center for Photography, which is worth a visit if you like photos.

I've stayed at two of the Manhatten East places mentioned, and these are good value, but not much fun.
BAK

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 07:45 PM
raeona

Keeping in mind the favorable Xchange rate you have coming over here...the Harley Middletowne (part of the chain mentioned above, and midway-location wise-between the one near the Empire State Bldge and the Hotel Wales) could be a nice compromise for your. It's close to our favorite neighborhood, Murray Hill, in the 30s', just south...and handy to lots. NYC is a great city - my spouse is a devoted native -- but we felt it paled (in size and hustle) to London. Would be interesting to hear your impressions.