Number of Hawaii Posts

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 11:31 AM
Magnum PI

Number of Hawaii Posts

Do THAT many people really go to Hawaii? It seems like the overwhelming of entries in the First 50 have to do with Hawaii. It never seems to lessen. They can't ALL be from travel agents/tour promoters, can they?

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Tom Selleck

Yes a lot of people go there, including me.
Your data gathering leaves something to be desired, however. Of the top fifty posts right now, six are legitimate questions about Hawaii, and five are the work of juvenile Hawaii bashers (who have never been there).

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 01:21 PM
MissMaui

Tom, you have cute dimples, but I resemble your remarks! ALL Hawaii posts are "legitimate", especially when travel agents make up names and plant questions here! They just want to recommend places out of the goodness of their hearts, but mean old Fodor's won't allow commercials here, so they have to hide. Now, is that fair? Is it even legal? Their recommendations are honest and truthful, just because they chose the travel industry as a means to make a living doesn't mean they are here to steer anyone! They just love travel! Commissions? I don't even know what those are.

By the way Tom, could you pay a visit to Fodor's in NY and use those pretty dimples to convince them that everyone has the right to be here? These multiple posts really take up a lot of my time...er....the travel agents' time. I'm not a travel agent, no sireee, just a marketing rep! I have never promoted anything here!

Mahalo!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 01:43 PM
President

Tom, all that time in the sun has fried your brain.

The only "legitimate" posts are those which recommend an island business. Any personal experiences or descriptions of anything other than hotels, tours, car rentals, restaurants and shopping are obvious trolls, because everyone knows there's nothing to do in Hawaii except shop, eat, drive and take guided tours. And anyone who gives their own personal experience as an answer to a question is obviously a juvenile prankster! The REAL travelers merely post and recommend the very BEST businesses, with no reason other than they said so. Dummy.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Tom Selleck

It's nice to know I still have fans out there Miss Maui. But you are making this Bush Republican NRA fan wanna use the word REGISTRATION!
If you keep bashing all the average Joes out there, how are they going to find out if the Sheraton is better/worse than the Hyatt?
Unless you post your own web site here, it's not advertising. Sorry.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:04 AM
kalena

To Won't Go:
It's certainly your own choice where you want to travel. Don't worry. Enough popple want to come here for all the right reasons. (Check out the latest Travel and Leisure Best of...) Can we just let travelers post their questions?
Take care!
k

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:27 AM
WontGo

Hi Kalena, unfortunate typo there 'popple' ! But my post appears to have disappeared along with one of 'Tom Selleck's, 'Topper', 'Kealii', 'Sayonara', 'Magnum PI', 'NotLottie' ( Who's Lottie anyway ? ), & 'The Real Noach'.
Has someone edited this thread ? Of course Fodors are perfectly entitled to do that but nothing on this thread appeared to be particularly abusive.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:34 AM
kalena

Yeah, funny typo. But it's early here, and I WAS up late last night.
Agree it's strange about those posts dissappearing.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Magnum, PI

There's not a SINGLE post from 11/7. And there's a message addressed to "To Won't Go", yet I don't see the orginal post from To Won't Go. What's up? Who's messing with this thread? And why? I certainly didn't see anything offensive.