Search

nude beaches

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:54 PM
jose

nude beaches

OK - who has been to a nude beach? How would you describe the experience? I am not a prude and would actually like to go to one. I have skinny dipped in mixed company before (but only at night) and am not completely ashamed of doing it, but there is some psychological block to just being out there in daylight. I have no problems being naked in a locker room , etc. Would you suggest a certain place for the unititiated? (like St. Martin?)

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:08 PM
wren

If you are interested, there are some books on the subject. Depending on where you live, you could just stop by someplace. I live near NYC and I know there's a well-known nude beach in Sandy Hook NJ. Also, there are somenude beaches on Marthas Vineyard (Lucy Vincent and Gay Head - ignore the name) which are supposed to be good.

I have been to several places where nudity on the beach is no big deal and have never felt uncomfortable about it.

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Voyager not voyeur

Take sun screen.

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:44 PM
epic

You jjust have to go ahead and dive in. I was like you and though it would be weird and uncomfortable, but after about ten minutes I was totally chillin'. Definitely wear sunscreen (and prep ahead by tanning on a tanning bed - nothing worse than sunburn from what I hear).

Lee Baxandale is a reputed "author"/tour guide on the subject. Try some of his books to locate aplace near you. I've been to St. martin, which is fine, but if you are self-conscious, try to et to a deserted beach (Hawaii, Carribbean) to try it for yourself.

Old May 12th, 2001, 10:06 AM
peace

You may want to try Haulover Beach in North Miami Florida. It struck me as more a beach for nudists than people who just go to tan or gaze. I think that being around people who like to be nude and are used to people around them being nude, would be more relaxing for you. And do wear sunscreen all over.