Search

Novotel New York

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 04:07 PM
cjt

Novotel New York

I got what I think was a good deal on this property for Veteran's Day weekend through Priceline - $85/night. The location seems great - west 52nd. Anyone know anything about it? Will be staying there with my 13 year old son.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 05:16 PM
rqf

Hotel is a high rise on the corner of 52nd and Broadway. Close to Theater district, 5th Avenue and Central Park. Price is a good one for this propertiy.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 04:35 AM
Penny

The price seems excellent!

We didn't stay there, but near there, last spring. We could see it easily from our hotel (the Crowne Plaza), and the location looks great. You're right outside Times Square, so an easy walk to and from theaters.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 06:36 AM
garyt

cjt - You won't be dissapointed in Novotel... the lobby to the hotel is on the 13th floor so don't be fooled by the spartan street entrance... the hotel especially caters to european clintele, but I stayed there with 100 football fans and had no problems... you have a great location at a perfect price... enjoy!

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Frank

cjt: Check out the hotel restaurant/bar. It has one of the best views of Times Square, particularly at night.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 07:42 AM
lisa

I got the exact same rate through Priceline when I stayed at the Novotel in October. Very good location and I liked the hotel just fine, especially for that price. Room was very clean, not fancy, but comfortable, quiet, and a good size. I ordered a continental breakfast through room service and the pastries were EXCELLENT, the best I've had outside of Paris. Nothing particularly special about the room but I would stay there again.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 07:23 PM
CM in Biloxi

CJT - Just throwing my 2 cents in, but I got a room for November 14-18 at the Marriott East Side for $80/night. I'd say we did pretty good on Priceline!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:47 AM
Jane

I stayed at the Novotel a couple of years ago. It's in a great location
and you got a great rate. Go with it!