November get-away: Suggestions wanted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:00 AM
De Anna

Hi!

Am looking for suggestions for a getaway in late November for 5 days or so. Very open to suggestions, but my initial ideas are listed below. Please give your opinion about going to these places in late November (concerned with weather, and whether or not attractions would be open in Nov)

1. Is there anywhere in the US that you'd recommend for a beach vacation in late November?

2. Also considering the east coast and touring places like Boston, Jamestown.

3. How is Yellowstone area in late Nov? I realize it would probably be cold, but may be beautiful with snow...

Thanks in advance.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Jim

Doesn't fit with your requests perhaps, but New Orleans is wonderful in the fall. Ditto for San Francisco.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 12:13 PM
chuck

De Anna,

I can only comment about November beach vacations (East coast). You may want to consider, in no particular order:

Key West
South Beach (Miami)
Daytona Beach (FL)
St. Augustine (FL)
Sanibel (FL, gulf coast, haven't been but lots of folks on this site rave about it)
Hilton Head SC (weather should still be good, not as warm as FL of course, but days in the 70's most likely)
Kiawah Island (SC, near Charleston, which is a huge plus--weather similar to Hilton Head, maybe a touch cooler).
Florida Panhandle (anywhere between Panama City and Pensacola)--beautiful white sand and clear water.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 12:16 PM
d.embody

St.Augustine, Sanibel, and Charleston would all be good locations.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Becky

A nice relaxing getaway: Blowing Rock, NC Northwest corner of NC Take daytrips to Asheville's Biltmore, the Blue Ridge parkway is amazing, go skiing at some of the ski slopes in the area. Try some of the bed and breakfasts.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 12:23 PM
lili

ok people - how can we forget hawaii, usvirgin islands and puerto rico )