Reload this Page >

north shore too risky for rain in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:19 PM
james

Am about ready to pay for a package for my parents 4oth anniversary-I posted earlier-and thank you for all of the replies. But at the last minute I am now concerned about rain-is May still pretty wet on the north shore of Kauai? I had planned for them to stay 4 days on the north and 4 days on the east or south shore. They do love the sun but my mom would just love the vibrant greenery of the north shore. I am not sure what to do! Any input fodorites? Also my travel agent suggested Kaha lani when I asked for a quiet condo on the east or south shore. Any input on that?
Many thanks,

james

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:42 PM
tani

May should not be very rainy. Even if you do get rain,it will be just short showers in between sunshine!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Amy

I was at the Princeville in May,we left after 2 days of rain.The sun was shining in Maui.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 04:09 AM
sss

May is the last month of the rainy season. I would vote for Maui also. I am a frequent Kauai guest. Can not tell you about a vacation there in May because I avoid during this month.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Jay

I spent a week in a north shore rental house last May. We had sun every day, with a few short showers, and loved being in the middle of the lush greenery.