North Shore Lodging

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 07:01 AM
lindafromNJ

North Shore Lodging

Thinking of going to Kauai and prefer the North Shore. Stayed at Hanalei Bay Resort before and liked it but heard it went downhill. Don't want to stay at Princeville Resort as it has no balconies. We like a balcony to sit on. Any suggestions of a place to stay it can be a B & B.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 11:51 AM
karen

Linda -

There are tons of condos in the Princeville area complex that have balconies and quite nice accommodations. Also, you can find some nice units at HBR. Stayed there last year, but you have to be careful because some are really horrendous as they are being converted to "interval ownership" property. Try allglobaltravel.com. We hade a nice unit in Bamboo (9323) last year that we booked with them. It had a good view of Bali Hai. They also represent other properties. Also try Pali Ke Kua condo which can be rented through hanalei-vacations.com. Two years ago, we stayed at a very nice B&B in the Princeville are named Hale'Aha in the Penthouse Suite. It was quite nice and its owner and hostess, Ruth, was especially nice. There are other suites at Hale'Aha as well. Good luck. Feel free to e'mail me if you have any questions.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Jessica

I prefer Hanalei to Pville and have also made plenty of trips to Kauai. I just had a great stay at this unit. there is no airconditioning here but Id did not find this a problem. http://www.hanaleihouse-kauai.com/aloha.html

I would also check out Hanalei North shore Properties and http://hanalei-vacations.com/ The former was very helpful to me even though it was clear I was going with an owner outside their business. P.S. also from NJ but live in NYC. P.S.S. If you select ocean front I would not choose area around pavillion it can attract night owls.

Good Luck

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:09 PM
lindafromNJ

Karen thanks for the info. Was the bamboo building a hotel room or a condo?? Where are the condos?? Did you have a view of Bali Hai??

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Karen

Linda -

Yes, we had a condo at HBR - not a hotel room. It depends on how they divide or open up the units, Linda. The "condos" and "rooms" are interspersed throughout. The rooms are simply the second bedroom of the condo without the use of the kitchen, living or dining room. Nothing fronted the property but Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The view of Bali Hai was not totally unobstructed, however, we were pleased with the unit and would stay there again. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions.

Karen