Reload this Page >

Nice restaurant near Ford Center in NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Elizabeth

We are planning to see 42nd Street and would like some good restaurant choices to have dinner at before the show. Price range around $40

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Howard

There are a lot of restaurants within a 4-6-block area. What type of food?

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Elizabeth

We all like italian but other choices would be great too. This is our first time to New York (2 adult sisters and Mom) so we would like a place that has good food but also has a special atmosphere or "new york flare" to it.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Howard

I can recommend Becco (212-397-7597) or Orso (212-489-7212). Both are on Restaurant Row (West 46th Street, between 8th & 9th Avenues), a six-block walk to the theater. Orso might run a little more than $40 per person. Reservations are definitely recommended at both, especially for pre-theater dinner. And, make them well in advance.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 03:49 PM
steve

Another option would be Chez Josephine. It would be an easy walk to the theatre.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Howard

Steve, there's no bigger booster of Chez Josephine on this forum than I am, but the original poster said she prefers Italian.
So, yes, if you want French, it's supreme and a mere two blocks from the theater on 42nd Street just past 9th Avenue. Reservations a must (212-595=1925). Be aware, however, that the bill will be probably be closer to $50 per person.