Notices

Newport Restaurants

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Marie

Newport Restaurants

My husband and I will be in Newport for
6 days next week. Does anyone have a favorite restaurant they would recommend? Thank you.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 08:09 AM
dave

A great venue is "Themes" on Brown & Howard Wharf. This is a romantic, yet lively contemporary spot. Every few months the proprietor (Kevin Sullivan) changes the decor and menu to match. We highly recommend the seafood appetizer platter or lobster bisque.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 04:50 PM
John

I lived in Newport for four years and really enjoyed the following:

The Black Pearl - Newport elegance on Bowen's Wharf. You can eat in either the formal dining room or the casual bar. Both are good.

Scales and Shells - Great, casual seafood place that reminds you of the places where they give you a hammer and a table of crabs. cash only.

Seafare Inn - one of the world's best restaurants; won many awards. It's worth the 20 minute drive up to Portsmouth.

Enjoy!

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 07:11 PM
edie

The Red Parrot for casual food, big selection of beer, fun mixed frozen drinks. wait for a table at the open windows and people watch on Thames st.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 10:15 AM
ann

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Newport. I would recommend both Sardella's Italian Restaurant on Memorial Blvd. (casual/dressy casual, moderately priced) and the dining room at the Castle Hill Inn. The Castle Hill Inn is more expensive, but if you're looking for a special place to have dinner, it's perfect. It's in a Victorian mansion at the end of Ocean Drive, overlooking Narragansett Bay - very romantic!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 11:10 AM
herself

The Cheeky Monkey Cafe. Perry Mill Wharf, Newport

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 09:13 AM
upsy daisy

Up !