NEW YORK VIRGIN

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 01:16 PM
JAY

NEW YORK VIRGIN

ok so i have your attention. Im a first timer to NYC and need to know where to park, see, do, etc. I am in my early 20s so we're looking for cool bars and restaurants in the GOOD part of town.
Thanks

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 10:01 AM
cherie

Personally, I thought it was an oxymoron.

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 10:11 AM
Lisa

First of all, don't park in New York. Do whatever you can to avoid this.

Secondly, there are a plethora of cool bars and restaurants in the "good" parts of town (there is more than one "good" part of New York). If you feel the need to try to be hip and trendy, however, head for the Village. Lots of college kids and recent grads swarming around, desparately trying to be hip and trendy. Join them.

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 09:51 AM
G. Kremer

First, try to take someone with you that knows the area if you can. I've been there numerous times & I'm still a bit intimidated. Second, DON'T drive to N.Y.C.if possible. Take some form of mass transit & go to Lower Manhattan area (Soho, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, etc.). I've found it to have a lot of interesting, nice, versatile bars, clubs, & restaurants.

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 10:05 AM
Owen O'Neill

Taking mass transit in is fine unless you're staying until late at night. Getting out of the city by mass transit after midnight is far less conveneient to some areas and not possible to others depending on bus and train schedules. If you must drive into the city and you're coming from the north Jersey Lincoln Tunnel approach, there are places to park that are just few blocks after you enter the city. They have 24 hour access - you can park there and take subways, cabs etc. once in the city. The advice to not drive once within the city is well advised.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 12:00 PM
hamlet

Are you in search of a certain kind of atmosphere? There is lots downtown, but there are also lots of bars uptown catering to the 20s crowd. On the Westside in the late 70s to 80s along Columbus and Amsterdam there are places, and also on the Eastside in the 70s and 80s along 2nd Ave and 3rd Ave. It all depends on what's your pleasure -cheap beer, bar games, music, beautiful people, etc. Depending on how long you will be in the city maybe you can hang out in different neighborhoods for each night you are here.