NEW YORK TOMORROW

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 06:54 PM
kate

NEW YORK TOMORROW

any last minute things i should know before i get there and whats the weather like?

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Carla

Kate, The weather has been sunny but cold-45 to 50 degrees during the day. The sun gets blocked in many areas of NYC because of the tall buildings. Have you been to NYC before? Then I would know how much to tell you. Dress warmly- Coat, scarf, hat and gloves- you will do a lot of walking and you'll want to stay warm.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 07:17 PM
kate

carla- no this is my familys first time going and we are leaving at 730 am from pittsburgh so if u could tell me as much as u could i would like that thanks

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 07:24 PM
kateconrad

Hi -Kate-it is cold and windy here.Very Christmas-y~ just dress the way you do at home, hat gloves etc.Everybody is in a good holiday mood, the lights are beautiful wherever you go, the store windows are decorated so prettily, you will enjoy yourselves a lot and this will be a most memorable Christmas! Eat lots of good New York Italian food,& Chinese,go to the village, Chinatown, Little Italy and have some pastries,go to Serendipity and have a Frozen Hot Chocolate, take a Circle Line tour, or take the Staten Island FErry back and forth...take a walk in Central Park, watch them skate at Wollman rink, check out the Central Park zoo and see the polar bears, they will be charming for guests have a great time, New York is an amazing city!Kate

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 07:24 PM
ryan

Kate,
It has been breezy. You probably want to bring a winter coat for night-time and maybe a lighter, but still warm, jacket for the afternoon. Your weather the last couple of days, will be NY weather tomorrow, in all likelihood.

You may want to check the www.zagats.com website. It is absolutely the best restaurant guide for New York. If you can't check the website, you can buy the book pretty much anywhere. It's worth the $11.95 (or so) investment.