Reload this Page >

New York over New Year's

Search

New York over New Year's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 01:11 PM
xxxx

New York over New Year's

A friend just asked me to help him find a room in NYC for Dec. 30 and 31. I got the Roosevelt for $150/190 on hoteldiscounts.com. I've never used priceline.com -- would it be possible to get a good rate for a decent hotel there, on one of the most popular nights of the year in NYC?

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 06:45 PM
angie

I just today booked a room through priceline for substantially less than was quoted on hotels.com/hotwire.com/hoteldiscounts.com etc.
I check them first, then go on Priceline and offer substantially less. I booked (thru Priceline) The Melrose (4 stars) for $99 a night. Hotwire shows it for $179 for the nights I requested (dec 21/22).
Check the other sites first for the date you want, then offer Priceline less.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Jill

I booked a room for 2 nights )12/31 and 1/1) about 2 weeks ago on hotwire at $139. per night(3 star) not sure if this is good or not, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:57 AM
debbie

I think you will be able to find something there.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Nancy

Angie:

Just curious: how do you know that Hotwire was offering the Melrose? When I use Hotwire, I can't get the name of the hotel until I have actually paid for the room. Are you just guessing from the description of the hotel and the number of stars that Hotwire and Priceline were quoting the same hotel? Or is there a way on Hotwire to actually get the name of the hotel? With so many hotels in NYC in similar locations, I am never sure that Priceline and Hotwire are in fact quoting the same hotel. I'd be curious to know how you were so sure.