Reload this Page >

New York City with Kids

Search

New York City with Kids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:49 AM
susan

New York City with Kids

Planning a NYC trip in April with kids 8,6,3. Any recommendations on hotels & best activities with kids?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Eva

It is a bit expensive but we had a great time at Madame Toussauds wax museum. The Bronx Zoo is great. Wandering through Central Park-- there is a carousel and plenty of room to run around. I would definately try to find a hotel in the Times Square area. Doubletree has good sized suites and you are really close to transportation and many kid friendly restaurants. Mars 2112 is fun (mediocre food though) Ruby Foos is another good place. My 10 year old when asked said "just walking around is the fun part) but she visits NY on a regular basis. Also check out the Museum of Natural History --there should be something for everyone there. Have fun in my favorite city in the whole world!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:10 AM
kate

Central Park/Central Park zoo
Bronx Zoo
Natural History Museum & Hayden Planetarium
frozen hot chocolates at Serendipity
the Carrousel in Central Park
riding the Staten Island ferry back & forth (free)
Rollerblading/skateboarding in Central Park on Sunday when the streets are closed
spaghetti at Carmines on th Upper West side
Lincoln Center
flea markets in Chelsea on the weekend, let them pick out something and buy it, start their collections
ride one of the double decker buses-Grey Line
go to the Intrepid
I have gone blank now

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Well

Burger Heaven - by far the best place. They cater for everyone and are really friendly. The food's good too!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:30 AM
j

Two great things to do are Angelo's restaurant in Little Italy, make a reservation even during the week, nice big portions for average price. Also if it is a nice warm day you can check out a tour on "the Beast" it is a tour that is operated out of the Circle line, but goes mostly on land and than goes for short ride in the water too! It is a lot of fun and I think your boys would get a real kick out of it. Get tickets early enough and check to see if it is running tours on the day you want to go.
I am from NJ and even I had a great time on this. Informative and fun!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:27 PM
susan

Thanks for all of your great suggestions!

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:06 PM
JUNE

HI SUSAN
ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH ME I WENT TO BEAUTY AND THE BEAST .IT WAS INCREDIBLE. THE PEOPLE BEHIND US STOOD IN LINE FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET HALF PRICE TICKETS. WE WALKED INTO THE THEATRE ON THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND PAID 30 DOLLARS EACH AND WE GOT BETTER SEATS. THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT IF YOU CAN BUDGET IT IN
HAVE FUN , JUNE

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:50 PM
Jill

The USS Intrepid on the Hudson River and the South Street Seaport on the East River. The Intrepid is a retired aircraft carrier converted into a museum. If nothing else, it's awesome in its size alone. The Seaport has all kinds of sights, food & shops that your children will enjoy.