Reload this Page >

NEW York City- February

Search

NEW York City- February

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:42 PM
leigh

NEW York City- February

Hello all. I'm going to New York City in February. This is our plan: Caroline's Comedy Club on Friday night, dinner at THe Sea Grill in Rockefeller Center, skating afterwards. We're Southerners, humor us. Plan to do lots of exploring and shopping inbetween. We would like to visit The Empire State Building. We will be there on a Fri, Sat & Sun. Is it open then? The cost? Any other helpful hints for a fun long weekend for 4 ladies?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 05:11 PM
John Kearns

Hi Leigh,
The ESB is open every night until midnight but you should get there by 11pm to give you time to get up to the observatory and spend some time there. It costs $11 per person.
Have fun!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Celeste

Make sure you check on visibility before you go to the top of the ESB. When the official figure is less than 25 miles, don't go; it will be very hazy and not worth the time and money. Early morning is your best bet.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Ted

Don't forget about lunch on Mulberry Street, then a walk down Canal Street. Might I suggest:

Start your walk at the corner of Mulberry and Spring. Walk south into Little Italy. Have lunch at one of several wonderful restaurants on Mulberry. I like Da Nico & Il Fornaio. When you reach Canal Street, cross the street and walk west (to the right). Enjoy the sights, sounds & shopping on Canal (famous for knock-off handbags, scarves, hats, watches, etc.). Follow Canal to West Broadway, then turn North (right). West Broadway is the heart of SoHo -- great shopping ($$$) and people-watching. In 2-4 hours you'll see three classic NYC neighborhoods and have a great time!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Susan

Dress warmly. My family of Southerners went last Feb. The tough guys assumed that we'd get a cab after the theater so they would be alright in jackets. Brrr cold!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Elizabeth

Bring shoes that have thick rubber soles. This is the most important thing and is an aspect of staying warm as well as of being able to walk and walk.

If this is a new project for you (I have known Southerners who didn't own such shoes), do a search for the super shoe threads here & on Europe board.