New York alone

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 01:22 AM
DLJ

New York alone

Is the Manhattan Club a good place to stay? Also should I be nervous going to New York alone staying for a week?

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 01:28 PM
tate

No- you should be excited and anticipating lots of great food,fun,wonderful experiences,great sights,wild and wonderful people,and the makings of some good memories.Hope you have fun~

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 05:10 PM
rqf

I don't know anything about the place but I can tell you the location, 56th and 7th is a good area. 10 minute walk to the theater district and Times Square. Same for 5th Avenue. Central Park is three blocks north and CArnegie Hall is less than five minutes away. Nearest subway station is on 7th Avenue with entrances on 55th and 57th Streets.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 12:44 AM
Kevin

I would'nt worry about being alone. I've been to New York eight times. Five times alone and three with friends. It's great either way.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Jacque

I was really surprised about how much safer I felt walking around in NYC alone as opposed to San Francisco. Especially around the area you are staying in. I'd never caught a cab alone before and that was a little intimidating. People were friendly and helpful though.