Reload this Page >

New York - after show restaurant-HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 1999, 05:04 AM
Dot

Myself and three friends are going to see "Lion King" this Sat. and will be getting out of the show about 5ish. Can anyone recommend a restaurant-we like Italian - mid range price - nothing real fancy, but good. I would appreciate any help..thanks

Old Mar 5th, 1999, 05:48 AM
martha

Osteria al Doge has good Tuscan, if you like that sort of Italian.

Old Mar 5th, 1999, 08:42 AM
brent

Try Po - it's located in the Village, which is a little far from Broadway, but the food is delish.

Old Mar 5th, 1999, 04:23 PM
hamlet

Try Bricco -- little known but very good non-touristy restaurant. Entrees range from $10-20. They also make brick oven pizzas. Very charming and friendly place frequented by local New Yorkers. It's on West 56th off of 8th Avenue a few doors down on the southwest side of the street.

Old Mar 5th, 1999, 08:32 PM
Jordan

Supreme Macaroni, 9th ave. around 39th street.

What does midrange price mean anyway? $35.00 a person, or...?

Actually had dinner at Cara Mia on 9th and 45th, and was real good. around $30.00 p/p including tip, and a glass of wine. Pretty good.

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 01:59 PM
Holly

CARMINES---great Italian food!! It is family style...so bring at least four people. Everytime friends come to visit..it is the top of my list. The food is great...so is the price! (it is broadway and 49th?)

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 06:24 PM
Dale

I would definitely agree about Carmines which is on 44th St. just east of Broadway. We just ate there last Thur. (3/11) on the suggestion of the Shubert Theater box office after getting tix for Chicago (theater is just across the street). One caeser salad was enough for at least four and maybe six if you stretch it. Food was wonderful, but each entree serves at least three. Try getting reservations or your name on the list before 5:00 on a weekday. We had our name in at about 5:10 and we waited until 6:30 to be seated and the bar gets crowded. Service was pretty prompt since the waiter asked if we had tix for a show, which all start at 8:00. Pasta entrees were 17-25, salads were 12-15. Enjoy.