Reload this Page >

new restaurant in NYC worth making a reservation for

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 06:58 AM
arlene Koenigsberg

We just ate dinner at Virot, a new restaurant in NYC. The chef came from Jeanne George. The food, atmostphere and service were all a 5! The price fixed dinner is $49 for 3 courses. The staff was outstanding. My appetizer of scallops was so delicious. My main dish of lobster, out of the shell, with ginger was to die for. My hazelnut souffle for dessert was the ultimate. Try the restaurant. The address is 52 East 41st Street, 10017, phone 646-658-0266.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Donna

Thanks for the recommendation! Hope that prix fixe price holds until October...Are you sure about that area code?

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 08:59 PM
coco

Manhattan now has two area codes, randomly assigned across the borough.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:54 PM
Patrick

Full review of Virot in today's NY Times. See website: www.nytimes.com/2001/03/23/living/23JOUR.html

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 02:10 PM
Caitlin

Not to nitpick, but it's not a full review at all, just a brief "diner's journal" entry. Probably means there will be a full review sometime in the next couple of months.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 10:23 PM
annK

Actually to let thing get just a bit more complicated and confusing in the city we now have 3 area codes 212, 917 and 646 and they certainly do seem random, although 917 was supposed to be for cel phones, my office now has a 917 area code. My cel phone is 646 and my honey's is 917 and home is 212 so go fugure.

Ah Verizon.....