Reload this Page >

New Orleans this weekend Oct 3rd??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:53 PM
b

Supposed to go to New Orleans this weekend, not sure if it will happen or not due to Lily.

Does anyone know of any wed sights that might have last minute tixs to maybe Vegas, then I suppose the trouble will be getting a hotel room at this 11th hour, help?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:39 PM
tweedy

I would get to a local travel agent tomorrow and ask what packages last minute are available. It is off season in the carribean, so you should have some options there.

Vegas is not running anywhere NEAR full now, so you shouldn't have a problem there either.

I would say New Orleans is probably a bad idea since the soaking last week and the hurricane supposed to hit somewhere in TX or LA by Thursday and as per the Weather Channel, Lilli is expected to be a Level 3 Hurricane when it hits the mainland, so expect major damage and huge amount of rain.

Good luck with your trip.

tweedy

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:46 PM
Dan

Hi B, I'm in N.O. now and Lili should move through by tomorrow night. Who knows where it will hit, but if you're flying Friday then you can wait to decide! Isidore came through last week and it was beautiful within hours of his passing.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:02 PM
Dan

Oops! Sorry, meant to say THURSDAY night.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:56 AM
xxx

Dan: You're just hoping Lili will get you 3 more days off school, aren't you? ;>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:27 AM
Dan

Actually, I would rather Lili go far far away! But "out of school" days aren't so bad either. Gives me time to drink beer and study!

Right now the track still looks like a hit in central La. with N.O. getting lots of rain. ;-(

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:27 AM
R

We are leaving from Dallas late Friday night for New Orleans. We're just going to play it by ear...if the airport is closed...I guess we won't go.....but hopefully the French Quarter won't get too much damage from the storm surge. It doesn't look like NO will take a direct hit. I'm just upset that they will probably cancel SwampFest at the zoo! I was really looking forward to it and was the reason for the trip! Oh well..there's always Jazz Fest next year.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:28 AM
Dan

The French Quarter won't get ANY damage from storm surges. Any water damage will be from the drainage system not being able to keep up with several inches of rain in a single hour!

The Qtr has been through LOTS of storms. I wouldn't worry too much. By Friday we should be high and dry. (Keeping our fingers crossed, at least!)