Reload this Page >

new orleans - st. vincents guest house

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 07:14 PM
sandy

Has anyone stayed at St Vincents Guest House on Magazine Street? The web site looks and sounds nice. Going soon and wonder what to expect.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Karen

The St. Vincent Guest House is horrible. I've stayed in small hotels, hostels and backpacker places (literally) around the world and this was my worst experience. It was so bad we even sent letters to the BBB and NOLA Tourist & Convention Association. It is rundown to the point tacky with such as curtin rods hanging from the walls, dirty bed linens (one of our people found lipstick on what was supposed to be a clean bed); some of the facilities did not work properly (a/c, TVs, phones, showers). The swiming pool was dirty even AFTER they cleaned it. And the management is indifferent to downright insulting. We were a group of 25 that made the mistake of staying there this past July, so it wasn't just one room that was bad, it was several. I'd cancel my reservation and look for another place. Even though you didn't ask, you might make it a point to have at least one of your meals at Mulate's on Julia Street--right across from the Riverwalk. They were excellent and treated our group just fine. Hope you and your friends enjoy your visit.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:04 AM
susan

The reports I've gotten on this place were all similar to the one above: absolutely terrible. I'd sure look for someplace else.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:24 AM
xyz

Try the Dauphine Orleans. Great place. Try a search of this forum and you'll read a lot of great reviews. It's in the FQ. I highly recommend it.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Sue

Do a search on St. Vincents. It gets bad marks from nearly all.