New Orleans Restaurants..

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Kate

New Orleans Restaurants..

Spending a couple of days after XMas and need 1 more dinner reservation..We have Galatoire's and Commanders Palace so far ..any suggestions? We want Creole/Cajun style food , great atmosphere maybe a little less expensive than our first 2 nights...I have already been recommended Mr. B's and Pelican Club..any thought on these?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Kris

Hi Kate, I went to the Pelican Club a year ago. The food was wonderful, I believe it would a little less expensive then your other nights. It was a younger crowd, a little noisey. The name of the other restaurant that we went to I cannot remember. It was smaller and wonderful. I will try to find it for you. Kris

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:01 PM
joebob

I don't think that they serve much cajun/creole in NO.

Commander's Palace is a must, so good it is unbelievable. I would go there twice.

What about Emeril's? (be sure to find out if he is in town, he can get pretty annoying when he is yelling BAMM, out of nowhere, I wonder if he has tourette's syndrome).

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Randy

I wouldn't waste a meal at Emeril's. It's highly overrated, service is average at best. Have been there just twice but left both times feeling ripped off.

Commander's Palace is my very favorite, but have also had a fun time at Court of Two Sisters for brunch. Arnaud's is also very, very nice atmosphere, service and food.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:26 PM
kal

Kate, We tried Jacques-Imo on our last trip to NOLA in Oct.
Good, funky, rather eclectic place and they cook up all sorts of cuisine.
Jacques and Austin Leslie are good people and try their darndest to make you have a good time.

One of our dining companions picked Godzilla vs. Freid Green Tomatoes.

If the weather is good, in the "the truck bed"!
Kal

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:28 PM
kal

ooops-------->"If the weather is good, in the "the truck bed"!"
Should be "......get the table in the "truck bed".

Guess I am losing it?
Kal

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:34 PM
W

Galatoire's has a reputation for being highly overrated. Commander's is on the top ten best in the world for good reasons. For cheap real local flavor, try to find Deanie's (not near the Quarter, but the one in Bucktown). If you can handle everything fried, it is a local favorite. For inexpensive in the Quarter (hard to find) try The Gumbo Shop...very nice.