Reload this Page >

New Orleans ???- help me please!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:57 AM
Angie

Hi- we are planning a short trip to N.O. this weekend- last minute thing- I need to know which of these hotels is the best/nicest?
Pelham Hotel, Parc St. Charles, Lafayette Hotel,or the Historic French Market Inn.

Also, which swamp cruise is the best? I am so confused about the differences.

And- one last question- how is the cemetery tour?

Any replies would be appreciated as I need to book this stuff today!
Thanks so much!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 10:32 AM
John

I would avoid all of the hotels you mentioned as they are owned by a company that is somewhat known for "bait and switch," meaning you book one and may get bumped to another.

All the swamp tours are fairly similar. I recommend Cypress (cheap) and Honey Island (more expensive) most often.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:26 PM
Cindy

Concerning the cemetery tours, try a Gray Line city tour. It's very informative and stops at one of the cemeteries for about 10 minutes. You get two-for-one. We've done the Cypress Swamp tour and liked it, I suggest a half-day, that's really enough. Also, listen to John's advice about hotels, he DOES know what he's talking about!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:31 PM
Meg

I'd recommend a walking tour of the cemetaries. There are various operators around the Quarter. I'm sure your hotel can point you in the right direction.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:49 PM
sharon

New Orleans Spirit Tours has a great walking tour of St. Louis #1 cemetery, very informative. No reservations needed. You meet at Royal Blend Coffee and Tea House (621 Royal Street) Tours at 10:30 and 1:15,except Sunday. It's a great little place to grab some breakfast and then do the tour. It's wise to do the early tour, as it is very hot, no shade in the cemeteries. $15. per person. My hubby wasn't interested in the cemeteries, but after we were done, he was glad he saw it.