New Orleans B&Bs-any suggestions?

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Melissa

New Orleans B&Bs-any suggestions?

My Husband and I are planning a trip to NO in September, and want to stay in a B&B vs. a commercialized hotel. The top 3 I am really interested in is A Quarter Esplanade, Maison Du Bois, and 1896 O'Malley House.
Any comments on these or any suggestions? We are trying to stay around $125 a night, and want to stay near the French Quarter.

Old May 26th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Cindy

La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon - try a search on the internet about this bed and breakfast. It's supposed to be one of the best. Have fun!

Old May 26th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Dan Stevens

A Quarter Esplanade and Maison Du Bois are both near the Quarter (I looked them up on Yahoo) as is Cindy's recommendation. The other one is on S. Pierce, which is not walking distance to the French Quarter. I believe the Maison Du Bois name is new for this property, too. I remember walking by that house when we ate at Port of Call!

Old May 30th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Nancy

We stayed in a wonderful old neighborhood walking distance to the French Quarter called Algiers Point. Very friendly safe area...like a samll town in a big city. It is located across the Miss. River from the French Quarter (there is a free ferry that crosses frequently). We stayed at a B&B called House of the Rising Sun. Great place, great hosts.
Good Luck

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Rebecca Hercus

We recently returned from New Orleans and stayed at B&W Courtyards located in the suburb of Faubourg Marigny on Chartres St.; a couple of blocks from Frenchman Street (the up-and-coming trendy, hip area of New Orleans). We were able to stroll to the French Quarter in under 10 minutes.

Hosts Rob Boyd and Kevin Wu have tastefully decorated B&W Courtyards inside and out. The serene courtyard and lush gardens invite the guest to relax after a long day. Each room has a unique style and meticulous detail is evident right down to the luxurious linens.

Rob and Kevin personally welcome their guests to this charming Creole b&b upon arrival and include some wonderful tips for the first time visitor to New Orleans. Guests eagerly anticipate the light continental breakfast served each morning , as Kevin's fruit plates are truly an exquisite work of art.

Rob's restaurant savvy guides the visitor to some of the best dining experiences in the Big Easy. Personalized service and attentive to their guests' needs make you feel like family. It is very obvious that Rob Boyd and Kevin Wu have a genuine love of people! You will definitely be planning your next trip back and of course staying at B&W Courtyards. You won't be pampered anywhere else!

Check out their website at www.bandwcourtyards.com