Search

New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Ann

New Orleans

Going to New Orleans on Sunday. It will be our first time! We are trying to decide whether to go to Mothers or the Acme Oyster Restaurant for lunch the first day. Please help us make this decision. Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:07 AM
xxx

My vote is Acme

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Dee Dee

MOTHERS!!!!!!!! We go to New Orleans at least once every year and we ALWAYS go to Mothers (more than once if we have the time!!!)

Haven't been to the other restaurant you mention, but Mother's is where the locals go to eat - SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!?!

My husband I will be in New Orleans from 3/21/02 - 3/25/02 and Mother's will be our first and last stop for places to eat!!

What ever you decide have a great time - the city is awesome!!! Dee Dee

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 09:21 AM
cajunboy

Sorry to burst your bubble Dee Dee but that line out the door and down the sidewalk at Mother's ain't locals. It is whatever the convention of the day is that has been released en masse on the city and us folk trying to work and live in downtown. If you are looking for a real slice of local lunch I suggest The Bon Ton just one block over on Magazine Street. The redfish Bon Ton is out of this world. Doors open at 11:00 and its first come first serve.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 10:26 AM
oysters

Dee Dee: You haven't been to the "other restaurant"? Well then you probably aren't aware that it's been an institution in New Orleans for nearly 100 years. You might want to give it a try sometime.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Ann

Thanks for the help!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 10:52 AM
NONative

Locals at either of these places are few and far between. They are both tourist hell! Locals who do brave the lines go when they aren't very busy, if at all.