Search

New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:13 PM
xxx

New Orleans

Planning a trip to NO this March. Any restaurants that I should definitely go to? Also, I have been reading a lot of reviews on Jazz Brunches. Are the brunches only held on Sundays?

Anyone have any info on the swamp tours?
Thanks.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:34 PM
Cindy

We've always used Cypress Swamp Tours, they have a shuttle that will pick up and deliver for "no extra charge". I've seen a lot of posts that there is another one that is well liked also - maybe somebody will pass along the name. The big thing is though, just go for 1/2 day - that's long enough and you'll have so much other fun stuff to do! Enjoy!!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Denny

There are several types of Swamp Tours and several locations. So you must know what you are looking for. There are big boats patterned after Disney World that hold up to 60 people per trip, Air Boat with large loud propellers, real swamp and the man made canals. My friend Bluecat has a web page about it and does not do commercial tours. I do Eco-Tours by canoe into a real swamp managed by a wildlife preserve. Just be certain you know what and where the tour is. The man made canals are not the real thing.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Jim

Honey Island Swamptours is my wife's favorite. She takes the tour every time we're down there. I'm usually in meetings!!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:24 AM
John

All are good suggestions. I like Cypress (cheap and quick) as well as Honey Island (more expensive but more in-depth). There are literally dozens of companies out there, so I'd take Denny's advice and do a little research first to find the tour that matches your wants.