new hotel on north shore

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 07:57 AM
patricia geary glenn

new hotel on north shore

I'm trying to locate the name of a new hotel I read about in a publication which I can't remember-like the new york times magazine or town & country or vogue. The hotel was in Manchester or rockport or gloucester-somewhere near cape ann- and it was kind of chi-chi(sp?) but the reason I'm looking frantically for it is we want to back at thanksgiving and stay there and it had fireplaces in the rooms which is the main attraction. Help!!!!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Judy

Patricia - could it be The Inn at Castle Hill in Ipswich (www.innatcastlehill.com)?

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 08:25 AM
patricia geary glenn

Wow! that was quick. this is my first attempt to use the forum-because Thanksgiving is soon upon us, and I've been holding out to find this place. I think your guess sounds like the place-I'll try them right now and let you know. thank you so much!!!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 09:23 AM
judy

You can tell I'm new at this. I don't know if you got my last response because I don't think I did it right . But I tried your suggestion and Bingo! The good news is - that's the place. the bad news is-there's only one roon w/ a fireplace-and it's $350.00 a night. well, what did I expect anyway. so, I'll have to decide between it and the Chatam Bars Inn the everyone raves about on Cape Cod. Have you ever been there? and is it as good as they say?

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Judy

No I have never been to the Chatam Bars Inn - I actually live in Cape Ann and know quite a bit about the north shore. If I can be of further assistance let me know. I would imagine there would be a lot more to do this time of year here on Cape Ann than Cape Cod - just a thought.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Native

Patricia,

The heading on your post is very vague. My first thought was of the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in California. Small world isn't it, that there could actually be more than one place in this little old United States that has the same name.

Gee.

Native