New England States Trip

Search

New England States Trip

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New England States Trip

We are flying in on to Burlington in July, from there we are heading to Portsmouth then on to Portland Maine. I collect wooden ducks was wondering if anyone out there would know of any stores along the way that may have them in their stores.. Thanks so much. Cathy
Old May 19th, 2014, 03:16 AM

I would check antique shops. If I remember correctly, there are a few in the wells Maine area.
Old May 19th, 2014, 03:49 AM

are you looking for painted or unpainted? Antique or new? There are carvers who are members of the NH League of Arts and Crafts. The league is based in Concord NH where there is also a store but they also have some shops in other towns. MDI Woodcarvers in Maine (used to be located in Bar Harbor) sells supplies to woodcarvers esp those who do duck decoys who might be able to give you some leads. There's a big difference between decoy carvers and wood carvers but I'm not sure I can explain difference. Depends on whether you are looking for competition quality ducks. My husband's late uncle used to be a member of the League and I had hoped for one of his carvings as a wedding present but got Corningware!
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for new goose or duck, I decorate our home in country style. I have a friend who was in Burlington area maybe 8 years ago, she got one that is standing up that may be more of a goose?. Even looking for swan type. I am looking for something painted. Hers looks like a white wash paint. The goose has its beak open a bit. Something cool and coutry looking.We are staying in the Old Port area. I'm sure I will find all kind of cool things to buy between Burlington, Portsmouth and Portland. If you have any ideas on cool stores with neat stuff in these areas please let me know. Thanks so much..
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Corningware, can't even compete. LOL... Have a good day.