Reload this Page >

New England Honeymoon

Search

New England Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Kim

New England Honeymoon

I think my fiance and I are going to spend a few days in Boston then drive up the coast to Maine for our honeymoon next May. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay or things to do?

Thanks!

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Dina

Kim: Be sure and stop or stay in Portsmouth, NH. It's a wonderful city with lots to do and see. I'd also travel up the coast from there to Maine, hitting York/Ogunquit/Perkins Cove. In May, you shouldn't have a problem with accommodations. You can check some websites on what I've mentioned and get lots of good info.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:41 PM
jo

you do realize it will e very chilly then? Sure you want to go there/

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 03:44 PM
Dina

Kim: Living in the area you refer to in your post allows me to comment on Jo's previous post. It is NOT very chilly in our area in May...it's quite beautiful and even with a "slowly approaching spring" it's wonderful. Not steam heat, but usually anywhere from 60-75 on a daily basis, depending on the weather front of the day!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Kim

Dina, the weather doesn't sound much different from Michigan (which is where I'm from).

I appreciate everyone's input and hope to get more!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Jane

Just a head's up - most towns in Maine don't have much open prior to Memorial Day in May so if you will be traveling before then you may want to check some of ME's town's chamber of commerce to make sure there will be some restaurants and things to see open.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Kathy

The Cliff House Hotel on Bald Head Cliffs in Ogunquit is a wonderful place to stay. Right on the ocean. Also there are beautiful inns right on the water in Kennebunkport which is gorgeous.