Reload this Page >

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 02:02 PM
Allison

Taking my boyfriend for a weekend get-away soon. He loves to golf. Ever been? Any recommendations/suggestions/comments about this Resort? Thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 05:00 PM
sandra engley

Read a good review of this resort, You may find more info at the detailed web site at www.nwlr.com
Unfotunately, I do not have any first hand experience to report.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:30 PM
bettina

I live about an hour away from that resort. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL with many attractions such as hotel amenities (spa, pool,etc), golf, horseback riding, hiking nearby, lakes and rivers nearby and fantastic restaurants. It is in a quiet area of the mountains of Western Pennsylvania and there's not much night life away from the resort. But be forewarned...hope you have VERY DEEP pockets! It is really expensive.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Bill

By all means, take the short drive to "Fallingwater" the most famous of the Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Beautiful, inspiring, and a great walking tour. Take the extended tour that goes first thing in the morning. We took our kids (10 and 14) and they liked it as much as we did.
We stayed at a townhouse condo at Nemacolin right on the golf course. Nice!
The Sunday brunch is m

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Joe

If you go, ask for one of the new rooms (added a new section a couple years ago).

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 05:35 AM
Gary

I stayed there twice a few years ago and once nearby in Uniontown at Mount Summit and all 3 times it rained for days and unless you can play golf or do something outside, there is nothing much to do. There is whitwater rafting nearby in Ohiopyle if the weather is decent but that particular mountain area of PA has a "microclimate" and I think it just has lousy weather IMHO but maybe I just had bad luck. Be prepared. They have a huge wine cellar and a nice spa. Have Fun !

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 06:15 AM
Bill

Hmmm... My message 3 posts above got chopped off. What I was saying was that the Sunday brunch is not to be missed. It's huge, glizty, delicious... and expensive. Make it your main meal that day.
I had forgotten about white-water rafting, mentioned above. Ohiopyle is one of the major rafting centers in the Eastern US. Should be plenty of water flowing with the weather lately.