Reload this Page >

Need Washington D.C. suite w/kitchen for 5

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:16 AM
bkpick

We are traveling to Washington D.C. next week and I am trying to find a suit with one or two bedrooms plus a kitchen. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 09:24 AM
curious

Hi again! Check out the Embassy Suites in Alexandria. A full, hot breakfast is included (Which is a big plus traveling with a family), a refrigerator and micro (I think) but no kitchen. It is also 2 rooms and, big plus, 2 t.v.s! There is also Sheration Suites in Alexandria. the Embassy is right across from the metro stop and I'm not sure about the Sheraton.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Adrienne

Check out www.washingtonsuiteshotel.com
I stayed at the Alexandria location while apartment hunting during the summer. They have 2 bedrooms available, and all suites have a full kitchen. Prices were reasonable and rooms were clean-- nothing fancy. The two locations used to be part of the DoubleTree chain.
I believe the DC location is near the foggy bottom metro. The Alexandria location is closest to the Van Dorn Metro station.
For other suite accommodations in DC, check out www.dcaccomodations.com (I think that's it). Hope this helps.

One other thing-- continental breakfast included. Cereals, muffins, bagels, donuts, etc.-- There is a breakfast room.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 11:29 AM
bkpick

Curious & Adrienne, I'll check those out. Thanks for the help.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 01:57 PM
susan

I'd recommend the St. James. The bedroom has two double beds, plus there's a pull-out queen sofa in the living room.
TV in each room. Full kitchen (you can cook up a whole meal in there) very spacious. The table's in the living room. One bathroom, but good-sized. Lovely hotel, good location.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 08:57 AM
Roscoe

I just returned from D.C. and I wanted a suite with a kitchen but staying at The Embassey Suites all I had was a microwave and a fridge.I just logged on to extendedstay.com and found some studios with kitchens in Alexandria.I would love to hear what you come up with.We have tried the Executive Club - good kitchen but once we had a disappointing(and dirty room)the other time was fine.I go twice a year and I need a real kitchen and if not two bedrooms at least two good sized beds.Do let me know what you come up with.Thanks and good luck.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:19 AM
Ann

DO NOT stay at the Washington Suites in Alexandria. It's not near anything, and it's a pain to even drive around there. The metro isn't within walking distance.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 08:46 AM
Emily

I always stay at the Residence Inn in Dupont Circle. Good location and lots of restaurants close by at nite. Actually, just realized next week I'm there as well.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 09:02 AM
sandy

We stayed at Doubletree Suites near Foggy Bottom/Watergate/GWU. Was great location, we walked everywhere but metro was close by if we needed.

Suite had pull-out queen couch in l'room & 2 dbl. beds. Full kitchen. Rates were decent. Would stay there again- have fun!

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 01:02 PM
E.

I hope this doesn't come too late to be of any help, but I suggest you contact The Dupont at the Circle b&b and ask for their basement apartment suite. It has a separate entrance, is absolutely enormous and features a full kitchen, a queen size bed and a pullout sofa, with plenty of room for a roll-away. And, of course, b'fast is included. The location couldn't be better, steps away from restaurants, shops and metro. www.dupontatthecircle.com

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Former Bill

I feel your pain. If I had known you last year, we could have helped you out. Unfortunatly my wife and I no longer operate our B and B in washington. We did have some fun though. We had these chinese guys over and lots of friends from Hollywoood. Wow.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Lori

I've stayed at the suites hotel that Adrienne and sandy have mentioned. It sounds like it used to be a Doubletree Suites but is now owned by another chain. It is *extremely* close to the Foggy Bottom station and George Washington University. There is a convenience store nearby where we purchased cereal, juices, and milk for our breakfast. At the time there was no breakfast included, but if it's part of a different chain that could be one of the changes that was made. Our room had the same setup that sandy mentioned, and like snady we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 02:34 PM
anonymous

The Alexandria Washington Suites location is not in walking distance to a metro station, but they do provide a shuttle service to Van Dorn Station.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 05:30 AM
bkpick

Thanks everyone for your advice. We leave Friday. I made reservations at the Embassy Square - 2000 N St. NW. They have some two bedroom and two bath suites. They are running a special price right now too. So unless I hear from someone that it is a really bad idea that's where we'll be.

To "Former Bill" if you were still in business I don't think I would have trusted you around my teenage daughter. I hear New York is nice this time of year.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Linda

The Embassy Square is a great decision. We used that hotel for our daughter's wedding when we had a lot of guests from Europe who wanted to stay a week or so. the location is good, near Dupont Circle and the Metro and lots of restaurants. Rooms are nice. A little spartan, perhaps, but very clean and spacious. Breakfast is good, too.

You'll like it.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Ann

If you're looking for great take-out food, try the Bon Apetit (known to GW students as "The Bone") at 21st and I Streets.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 03:31 PM
bkpick

We had a wonderful time in Washington. The Embassy Square was very clean. A little worn looking, but it was very nice to have two bedrooms and two baths. We will have to come back when the White House and Capitol etc. are open again. The museums and monuments kept us busy enough though.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:34 PM
joyce

To: bkpick and those who have stayed at the Embassy Square,
I read your recommendation on Embassy Square located on 2000 N St. NW. Didn't see it listed in the hotel section for fodors.com or www.dcaccommodations.com. Did it change names recently? I'm interested in finding out more about this place. It sounds like it might work out for our trip in April. Would appreciate info? Thanx