Reload this Page >

need to make Maui memories

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 03:44 PM
rose

How do my two girl teens and I enjoy Maui to the hilt over Christmas, and New years? and what are some great restaurants we can go to ?

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:29 AM
Molly

OMG(Oh My Gosh) I love Maui!
We stayed at the Four Seasons and thought it was sheer paradise. Eat dinner one night at the Italian restaurant there- down by the water. If you stay there - book an outdoor massage for 3. Also there is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world just down from the Four Seasons... maybe someone else will know the name of it. Big Beach? Crescent Beach? Anyway, when you find it watch for people going to the right of the parking lot up over a hill/rock/mini-mountain area. On the other side you will find a nude beach! Funny to watch people of ALL SHAPES and SIZES play volleyball,etc.
Also, there is an italian restuarant that starts with a C that was fantastic and so interesting. Imagine a total Italian/mafiso/pinstripe-suit-type host and servers in a tropical setting on the water. And they made such a fuss over us (and everyone) it was great! I'll look for the name.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:54 AM
asr

My husband and I went to Maui in early Sept. We tried to "do it all" and didn't regret it for a minute! Here are some of the things we did:
1) Watched sunrise at peak of Haleakala and biked down. This was such a cool experience. You have to get up in the middle of the night so do this one of your first nights when the time change won't have set in. (through Maui Downhill Company)
2) Took a helicoptor tour with Blue Hawaii. Pretty expensive, so you might want to skip this.
3) Went to the Old Lahaina Luau.
4) Took a snorkeling trip to Molokini Crater...great snokeling!! Took Blue Water rafting which is more of an adventure than other tourboats.
5) Eat at Mama's Fishhouse. Great food, gorgeous views. Go for lunch when it isn't as crowded or expensive.

Book all tours before you go, they get filled. You can get discounts through Tom Barefoot's Cashback Tours. They have a website with prices and tours. (Can't recall the site address...I think it is mentioned on the Fodor's site)

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Jan

Where are you staying? To minimize driving time and maximize fun time, this info would help me respond. I do have to say that a Blue Hawaiian helicopter trip, while not cheap (book over the internet for a discount) is well worth every penny. My husband and son did the 45 minute Hana/Haleakala trip 2 weeks ago, bought the video of themselves on the trip and are still raving about it. Truly it is a memory none of you would forget. Even with the video it was less than $300 total.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 01:42 AM
Allan

Molly, the name of the beach you're referring to is Makena Beach!

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 04:19 AM
Roy

The magic show "Warren and Annabelle's" in Lahaina is a wonderful evening of great illusions and mirth. It sounds funny going to a magic show in Hawaii but my wife and I really enjoyed it. So did the rest of the audience.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 05:46 AM
molly

thanks so much for all the input. I definitely like the Italian restaurant idea and outdoor massage. wow!! will try it!