Reload this Page >

Need romantic honeymoon getaway on Kuaui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:10 PM
Donna

I'm helping my son plan his honeymoon on Kuaui in August. He has in mind a tropical retreat, maybe a B&B (Gloria's is perfect, but booked). Has anyone stayed at Jungle Cabana? It may be too rustic for a honeymoon. Resorts are ok, just busy. He's open for any suggestions. Help!

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:21 PM
Suzie

Check out Suite Paradise or Grantham Resorts. There are some nice places through both that are less crowded. We looked at Poipu Kapili and Whalers Cove. Booked Whalers Cove through Suite Paradise because it was cheapest. Don't know where on Kauai he wants to stay, both of these are in the south.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 10:18 PM
Jackie

I stayed at a wonderful place on the north shore called the Treetop Studio. It is not on the beach (just a short drive away), but at the end of a country road in a beautiful tropical setting overlooking a creek. Their web address is www.kauai-honeymoon.com.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 06:35 PM
JTP

Check out "Secret Beach Estates", very secluded, very romantic. Also check out www.bestbnb.com, they have a lot of good ideas.

Good Luck!
/JTP

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Mary

I second the Secret Beach Estates and the folks at www.bestbnb. We have used bestbnb to book houses on Kauai and the Big Island and have been very pleased. The Secret Beach property is beautiful, romantic and unforgettable. Beats even Gloria's and is near the very romantic and lush Northshore.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:52 AM
Jeff

Jackie, can you tell me more about the Treetop Studio? How secluded is it? Where is the road...it appears to be between Hanalei and the "end of the road." Did you see the other suites in the building while you were there? Was there snorkeling gear to use? Thanks for any help.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 03:39 PM
Jackie

Even though there are other units in a very large house, they are all separate from each other with a private entrance. I felt it was felt very secluded, but at the same time, not far from beaches and restaurants. When we were there, the other units were very near completion and were also extremely nice. I wouldn`t hesitate to stay in any unit. To me, it was wonderful!

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 03:42 PM
Jackie

Sorry, I forgot. The road is between Hanalei and Kee Beach and at the dead end of that road.